Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Busy Week

I know it has been a while since I last posted, but it was one busy week last week. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday and then picked up CJ Wednesday night and had her until Friday afternoon. Then, once we dropped her off at her house we headed down to spend the weekend with the Newbolds. We got up bright and early Saturday morning and rode our bikes in the MS 150 (we actually just did Saturday and so we did a total of 79 miles). We went out to get a bite to eat with the Newbolds and then headed home. Saturday evening I got my sharing time lesson prepared and ready and then had to make invitations and questionnaires for the activities day this Saturday. All while doing this we had all the guys and Kris and I over to watch the UFC fights. Now back to normal life, I hope.

Kinleigh and CJ played so well together!

Everyone loves bath time!

Kinleigh loved to pet and look at the horses, but riding, not so much.

We had tons of fun at the Newbolds house. We got to see all the different stages of tobacco and I learned tons.... Very interesting. We got to ride their horse around the property (I was a little scared, but once I got on I LOVED IT). Then, we went out to eat at the famous Mexican Restaurant that they have been talking about for years :). We had such a great time and are already looking forward to going back! Thanks Newbolds.

Here is Daniel and I after the 79 mile bike experience. Why was it 79 miles instead of 75? I don't know that answer but I was asking the same question! We actually ended up with our average pace being a 16.5 mph which was even better then what we thought we could do. At about 50 miles my legs started to burn, but not too much suffering until the last 15 miles.... It was fine when I got off my bike, but hurt like the dickens while riding. Nothing would have stopped me from finishing though, not even falling at one mile to go! The arrows were marked all crazy and by the time we figured out what was going on the stoplight had turned red and I wasn't able to clip out fast enough. I was fine though just a couple bruises on each leg, a crazy dark one on my butt, and my knee is a little scraped and hurt. I was more embarrassed then anything considering bikers pulled up behind us and watched me freak out b/c I couldn't get my foot clipped out of my pedal. To top it off a police officer happened to be driving by and had apparently seen me and parked her car and came running over. Nope, not embarrassing at all.

2 comments:

Sabs said...

ok let me just say... cute bums, kinliegh and CJs that is. I'm sure yours is not so cute with bruises:) Way to go on the MS "79" by the way! You're so amazing. I exercise once a month and almost die:) I have to admitt though I was chuckling to myself about your little spill. Glad you're ok.

Texasholly said...

I can't believe y'all look so good after biking 79 miles...