Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Adult Only Pool Party

For Daniel's birthday this year I decided to have an adult only pool party. I reserved our pool cabana and after the first 45 minutes of the party we ended up having the entire pool to ourselves. The guys played who knows what random games in the pool, we ate yummy food, and the Willifords provided Daniel with his traditional birthday cake. I believe this is the 4th year of this cake. The first year was a dorky picture of Daniel from one of Allen and Daniel's camping trips. Each year has been a picture of him holding his cake (always wearing a green shirt hence the borrowed green tank top (thanks Kory)). If you look closely you can see him holding his cake with him holding his cake, etc.... I think you get the point. We ended the night with an obstacle course race. The girls did the obstacle course outside the water, the guys did the same but then had to do some water obstacles and we ended it with the girls pulling them in with a lifesaver. We timed each couple and I won't do much bragging but yes Daniel and I did win. We had some tough competition though :). We had a great time and thank you to all who made it such a fun night!














p.s. sorry to all of you Obama fans but the shirts are not because we are big fans....

3 comments:

maren bosley said...

That party was "off the hinges" Dianna! Happy Birthday Daniel...we had a great time even though we lost the obstacle course. (I think we all know why....:)

Mom Erwin said...

What a neat-looking party! Maren, did Daniel "cheat or rig this one?" How great it is to have good friends there. We send our love to all.

Lisa and company said...

Now I am even more bummed we missed it!!!! Looks like you guys had an amazing time!