Friday, February 05, 2010

The Day Has Arrived

Kinleigh came down stairs this morning and says to me,
"Ok Mommy, Codee and Moonew are not real."
My response, "Why do you say that?"
In which she replied, "Because they were not in my room this morning."
I never thought I would say this but it makes me sad to know that my baby girl truly is growing up. She has had her imaginary friends for a very long time and I feel that I am partly to blame for her new found discovery. The only time I stress that they are not real is when,
"Mommy I didn't make this mess Codee did."
"Oh, Moonew gave me this bruise."
"Codee needs to go to time out she is making very bad choices."
"Moonew wants some food."
You know all the times that it is necessary to explain to her that they CAN NOT make a mess or beat you up.

Second conversation of the day....
Collin, Levi and Kinleigh were all eating lunch when one of them makes a kissing noise.
Collin says, "Eeew no Levi don't kiss then we are married."
My response, "Just because you kiss doesn't mean you are married." Then quickly respond with, "But you shouldn't kiss until you are married."
Guess I didn't get that part across b/c then Kinleigh looks at Collin and with a huge grin and that little sweet voice,
"Collin guess what we get to do when we get older..."
Collin smirks at her and finishes her sentence, "We can KISS!"
Don't worry I informed him that if he ever kisses my daughter he will be be beaten in the backyard :).
Then they start kissing the air at each other and giggle.
Better watch those two!!!

4 comments:

maren bosley said...

That conversation is PRICELESS!!! Those two are so cute!
maren

Kristen said...

Its hard to see them lose those little, baby habits, isn't it? You sure have some cute kiddos, though. :)

Hall Family said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious!!!! So sad about the imaginary friends though, they sounded so cute! ;)

Simpson5 Family Blog said...

Kipling has lots of animal friends it seems like we are getting more and more each day. Yesterday we had a whole zoo in our house. With his poor little mouse that has to stay outside, but somehow his elephant came in with a giraffe, zebra and I think a lion.
We had a full house.