Yesterday we get home from a long day of shopping and I'm changing Levi's diaper before laying him down for bed. He starts yelling at me, "pee pee." He then takes off running towards the bathroom, bangs on the door b/c his sister is on the pot... I open the door and he sits right down on his little pot and goes pee pee.
I want to potty train him this summer but I was thinking that maybe it would be easier once we get back from all of our traveling. I think Levi thinks differently and everything I read says that if you miss that window then it makes potty training even harder. I HATED potty training Kinleigh and have been dreading doing Levi.
This morning I gave him a bath and I have been letting him run naked. I set his potty up in the hall with a towel underneath (so he doesn't play in the bathroom) and have been sitting him on it very frequently. Of course none of those times he has gone... and then all of a sudden I am down stairs and I hear the potty singing. He had gone and sat on the potty himself and went pee.
I am sure it can not possibly be this easy but man would I LOVE IT if it was.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



7 comments:
That is awesome!!! Mine have been easy to potty train, but Merry Grace was my easiest. She basically did it herself. :) I feel a little guilty taking credit for helping, when I didn't do that much. So nice when it happens that way. Good luck!!!
oh yay!!! hopefully it is that easy!!! :)
you need to do it now when he is ready. I did not do it when I was pregnant with Sada and have been kicking myself ever since. Now he is finally potty trained and does not have to run around naked outside, so we also do not have to have our neighbors calling us telling us our child is naked running around. I did not care since he was trying to figure out when he had to go and it was not on my floor it was outside. I did potty train the last couple months with Spencer but, did not mind since I knew I had to do it. YEAH That is all I can say. Good Luck. If it is this easy, let him do it himself. Way to go Levi.
Sada takes off her diaper right after she goes and we go through a lot of diapers, so she is going to be potty trained really soon.
what a champ!!!
I'll hope for you that it's that easy. Mine pretty much were - once they decided THEY were ready. (It just wasn't always on MY timetable)
We all hope he keeps it up - good boy, Levi.
wow that's awesome!! what a big boy!
Post a Comment