It was a BEAUTIFUL Saturday morning and we could not resist going outside and enjoying the weather. Daniel has been wanting to go to Brazos State Park and do some hiking so that is exactly what we did. I think it took us a total of an hour to get to the park, pretty awesome.
We stopped at the center first to let the kids see some snakes and a BONUS a baby Alligator. He was so DANG CUTE!
Once the kids and DANIEL finished climbing trees we started our 4 1/2 mile walk. The crazy thing about this park is that there are ALLIGATORS everywhere. Literally you will be walking along and an ALLIGATOR can be within inches of you. Many were just sunbathing with their mouths wide open and you just walk past them like nothing.
We decided to count how many ALLIGATORS we saw through out our entire walk and our GRAND TOTAL WAS.... 38!
Definitely one of my favorite days we have had here in Texas. We had some fun family time and I know coming soon Saturdays won't be quite as easy with a newborn.



1 comments:
We went there for a field trip in 6th grade...and again another year. I'm sure the teachers were wishing some of us had gotten eaten. I've been wanting to take Alan and the kids...or at least Alan...I may not be brave enough for the kids ;) I'm amazed you walked so far, as far along as you are! You must be in super good shape! When I'm pregnant I just let it all go! This is something your kids may never forget! Gator fuN!!! haha
Post a Comment