Krew Dalton Erwin has made his grand appearance into this world. I started this blog AFTER Kinleigh was already born and noticed I didn't even do a birthing story on Levi so caution to readers that this may be a bit too much information for all.
Thursday morning May 26th and Kinleigh had just finished saying her sweet little prayer asking Heavenly Father for the baby to arrive in EIGHT DAYS. I immediately corrected this sweet request with asking for the baby to come TODAY. Not but about 10 minutes later I started having some crazy back pain. I noticed it a couple times but just kept on eating breakfast and taking care of the kids. When I went to stand up I noticed that it wasn't just back pain but that I was having contractions. Considering he had already pulled a false alarm on me before I didn't want to get my hopes up too high. I sent Kinleigh to school and Levi and I headed out for a walk to see if my contractions got any worse. If I was walking fast and intense I pretty much had just one BIG contraction. Once I slowed down a bit I could tell when one contraction ended and the other one began. I started keeping mental not of how far apart each contraction was. They were way too irregular and once I got home and sat down to watch a little TV they went away. I decided to head over to the Splash Pad for a little while to let Levi play. Immediately after I stood back up the contractions started back up. Once again they were irregular. We played at the splash pad for a couple hours and I noticed that even though the contractions were irregular they were getting more intense. My sister-in-law happened to be at the OB and so I told her to just mention to my Dr. that I had been having irregular contractions all morning. Seeing how I was just in the office the day before, was still Pretty Thick and just barely 2cm's dilated the Dr. suggested that I lay or sit down and more then likely the contractions will go away. I put Levi down for a nap, hopped into the shower, and as soon as I got out of the shower (at 1:30pm) I started having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. If I sat down they would extend to about 7-8 minutes but the minute I stood up they would kick right back into 3-5 minutes. I decided to lay down and waited 8 minutes until the next contraction came and when it did it was very intense. From then on out (2:30pm) they were pretty painful and regular. I called Daniel and told him he would probably want to head home but not to worry, NO RUSH. Thankfully he didn't listen to me and he was home with in an hour (his commute is almost an hour). I was trying to get the kids bags packed to take them over to Sabrina's house and getting the remainder of my items all while in pain with each contraction. Poor little Levi looked so concerned with all my pain and so I called Sabrina to see if she would come get him. Sabrina and Daniel arrived at the same time and we all took off. I was so paranoid that we would get to the hospital and they would send me home that the whole way to the hospital I was telling Daniel to SLOW DOWN. Of course he didn't listen to me....
We got to the hospital and I went to the nurses station and said, "Is this where I go?" They looked at me and said, "For what?" My reply, "Umm, if I am in labor." I don't think they really believed I was in labor and so they went to put me in a triage room. Once they found out this was my 3rd baby the lady came back in and said, "she probably is in labor we will just put her in a room."
Once I was in the room and all situated the nurse checked me (about 4:15/4:30pm) and I was dilated to a 4 and 100% effaced. The Dr. came in about 30 minutes later (I had called the Dr.'s office around 2:30 to tell them I thought I needed to head to the hospital and they told me they would tell my nurse and call me back. They never called me back and so I called again on the way to the hospital and again they told me the nurse would call me back. She did this time and I still got the feeling she didn't really believe I was in labor. I guess I took everyone by surprise) and I was a 6 and I requested she break my water. I immediately dilated to a 7 and the contractions became extremely intense. I was determined to not get an epidural this time and so I asked for some Stadol (although I had it with Levi too and it doesn't do anything for me but I decided to give it a try again). All it did was make me barely able to keep my eyes open. Yes I made a fool of myself screaming. I was told that it is like someone else takes over your body and it is so true. The Dr. came back in around 5:30 and she was amazing! Krew arrived at 5:42pm and for the first time I had no stitches! Have I mentioned that I LOVE MY Doctor! Krew weighed in at 7lbs 6oz and was 20 inches long. He looks just like Levi except a little smaller head. All three kids have been born with a head FULL of dark hair.
Daniel was able to cut the umbilical cord and I was able to hold my baby before they took him away to do his scores. (Levi came out with the cord wrapped around his neck, blue, limp and not breathing so they called in back up and rushed him off so we didn't even get to see him for several hours).
Thank goodness for a fast Delivery and a supportive husband I am glad I was able to experience what it was like to give birth with out and epidural. And thank goodness for a husband who didn't listen to me and rushed home or we may have had a home birth.
We LOVE KREW and LOVE that he is part of our family.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



6 comments:
welcome to the world baby Krew!!!!
And good job mommy!
We are so glad he is here and that everyone is well. I am glad Daniel wasn't out of town or farther away! Tell SIster Lawton "hi" for us.
Thanks for the story...I love the details! Congratulations from the Bosleys!!!
Sweet! Lucky you. A natural delivery isn't too bad. :-) Glad you guys got to the hospital. He looks so big compared to how tiny you are laying on you when he was first born. Way to go girl!!!
Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!!! This from the wimp! Way to go you! No epidural! You are super woman!! I'm glad you were able to get to the hospital in time too! Congratulations to the Erwin family!!!! :)
You look way too good for just having given birth!
Post a Comment