Well she may not be the Star but she is improving each week! Her little friend Brooklyn is on the team and her parents started this tradition that if their kids make a goal they will take them out for ice cream. Of course Kinleigh heard this and thought it was a wonderful idea. She has yet to make a goal but this last Saturday took the ball all the way down the field and was SO CLOSE on both shots. It would probably help if the coach didn't make her sit out for half of the game (way more then any of the other kids). I thought I noticed her sitting out a lot on one of the games and then this past weekend I started to really pay attention and she is literally sitting out for half the game. I know she is not the star player but she is not the worst player either. Needless to say I am totally going to be THAT MOM and email the coach. I figure that at age 6 it should be about having fun not about winning. Not to mention we paid our money, we are at every practice, she does everything the coach tells her to do, and we show up to every game. As you can see I am a chicken and have not yet sent the email but I will!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



2 comments:
It is always hard to see your child not play as much as seems fair - but keep supporting and cheering for her regardless - we are proud of her too.
Hey Dianna! Found your blog!
Post a Comment