Monday, January 09, 2012

A Night Of Traditions

I LOVE CHRISTMAS TIME.  I love the happiness in the air.  I love the kindness from people.  I love the Christmas music playing everywhere.  I love buying presents for people.  I love receiving Christmas cards and getting to see how much every one has grown and changed.  I love teaching the kids about Christ and remembering all that he has done for us.  I love eating!  I love eating (oh wait did I mention that)!  But most of all I LOVE CHRISTMAS WITH MY FAMILY.  We have so many FUN Christmas Traditions.  
The NEWEST tradition has been getting together and Mark and Rosie's and eating SOUP on Christmas Eve.
 
 First we have to attempt to take pictures in front of the Christmas tree.
Rosie always has some sort of craft for the kids and this year they made some adorable wreathes. 
 
 
 
Then we act out the Nativity... where EVERYONE in my immediate family has to take part except myself... including Daniel.  He is always recruited to play King Herod!  Kinleigh was an Angel, Levi a shepherd, and Krew was Baby Jesus.
Grandpa tells the Santa's Pack Story!  Levi was old enough to help participate this year and really listen to the story. 
This year Grandma and Grandpa had just gotten back from a Disney Cruise with my brother David's family and so they bought all 22 Grandchildren a present from Disney.  Kinleigh got a beautiful Minnie Mouse necklace and earrings with her birthstone, Levi got a sword and shield (perfect for him) and Krew received a stuffed animal of Squirt and sleeps with it EVERY night. 
 
 
 
The kids all get to open their new pajamas and then pose for a picture!
We eat Jesus's Birthday Cake that my Beautiful Mom makes every year!
We head home, set out cookies and milk for Santa and then Crash!

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

The pictures are all so good - I have been waiting to see them - thanks for posting them!

Lisa and company said...

Isn't living next to family the best!!!!!!