Instead of a fundraiser where you sell things our school has taken on Boosterthon. It is actually a very neat program. This company comes in and every day for a week teaches the kids a new character lesson. I happened to go to lunch two of the days (one day for Kinleigh and one for Levi) and they put on quite a production. The kids love to sing along and they have videos you can watch at home each night. I'm not big on asking people for money but Daniel's work has donated the past two years so the kids do raise money. I asked my sister, Jeannine, this year so that she could fulfill our Idaho spot. The school was trying to get donations from every state and they succeeded. My parent's are so great and they donated again for all 6 grandchildren. Our school raises TONS of money from this event! The point is that the kids run 30-35 laps and raise money per lap.
Levi was sprinting each lap and then would disappear. It took us a several laps to realize that he was stopping for water after EVERY LAP. Of course I nipped that idea. They kept encouraging the kids to get water. Please, it wasn't that far!
Kinleigh did awesome and ran more then the 35 laps!
Daniel was able to come watch the kids again this year. I am so thankful that he has a job that allows him to be flexible with his schedule.
*Look at how tiny Levi is compared to the rest of the kids*



0 comments:
Post a Comment