Thursday, November 14, 2013

Veterans Day

The kids school puts on a Veterans Day program each year.  They all dress in the same color shirt per grade and each grade sings a song.  In years past the parents aren't invited unless you have a veteran attending.  This year they were doing it outside and opened it up to all parents.  I begged the kids to not want me to go but it didn't work.  I tried explaining that I'm so short and the turn out to these things is extremely large!  Of course I felt guilty and so Krew and I ran to the school.  Well, one great thing about having the shortest kids is that they were lined up in rows from shortest to tallest.  Whoop whoop!  The one time it pays off to have super short kids.  
The kids were so cute singing and I couldn't help but fight back tears of gratitude for all those who have fought and continue to fight for our country!  What a great day to celebrate.  

0 comments: