Thursday, May 17, 2007

The trip back

Well, unfortunately we are back from Aruba! I think the whole family was depressed yesterday the whole trip home. Before I hit the highlights of our WONDERFUL vacation I have to tell you about our plane ride home. So, when you get on a plane you always dread sitting by a baby (I don't care who you are you dread sitting by a baby). My new found dread is not a baby, but is a six year old!!!! We get on the airplane last night for our final leg and it is 8:30pm. We have made Kinleigh walk the 20 minute trip in the Miami airport (including stairs instead of escalators) so that she can be good and tired for the plane. We had the luxury of having an empty seat next to us for Kinleighs car seat on the whole trip (WONDERFUL). Anyway, so we put Kinleigh in and it is 8:30 and she is exhausted. We're all excited seeing how we too are exhausted. Then it started.... I hear Kinleigh laughing not sleeping. Sitting right in front of us is a Mother, a five year old girl (I must note that she was wearing a patch over her eye, but by the end of the trip it had miraculously disappeared and she could see just fine), and a six year old girl. Yes there was a father in the seat right across the isle, but you wouldn't know.... These two little girls decide that they are not only going to play with Kinleigh, but are going to keep her up for the next 1 1/2 hours. Once the Mom finally told them to sit down and put their seat belts on they decided to hand Kinleigh every magazine from both of the pockets in front of them. The worst was them sucking their thumbs (yes the five and six year old still sucking their thumbs), and coughing in their hands and then insisting on reaching out for Kinleigh's hand. I busted out the hand sanitizer right there and probably used half the bottle. After Daniel kept slapping the magazines away they finally turned around and gave up. This is when the fun starts. The little six year old literally cries, screams, slaps, etc... at her Mom for the next hour. All she wants is her backpack from the overhead bins, but for some reason they refused to get it for her. I was ready to volunteer my services, but refrained myself. Kinleigh finally fell asleep with 40 minutes left in the flight, but the six year old never stopped! Why the Mother didn't try to quiet her I do not know, but she was a BABY!

1 comments:

Texasholly said...

Welcome back! Happy Anniversary!!!