Beware: lots of photos
May 9, 2007
(WEDNESDAY) We didn't get into Aruba until 7:45, so we just spent time with Grandma and Grandpa. It amazed me at how quick Kinleigh warmed up to them when she hasn't seen them in almost a year. I know that children have this amazing gift to sense when they are truly loved.
(THURSDAY) Kinleigh was up bright and early! Grandma watched Kinleigh while Daniel and I went for a run. I love running in new places. Daniel use to find our family crazy for wanted to exercise on vacations, but we have officially converted him. Then, Mom watched Kinleigh again while she took a nap and Daniel and I went to the beach to snorkel and relax. (It was so wonderful to have Grandma around to watch Kinleigh and for Kinleigh to get to spend time with Grandma). Dad came home at lunch and Mom had dinner in the crock pot already for us. In Aruba they eat their big meal at lunch time. Mom took us out that afternoon to the butterfly museum (VERY INTERESTING). I have to admit I was butterfly stupid.
Kinleigh LOVED the Butterflies!
Moth not Butterfly, but holy cow huge!
See the Butterfly on Daniel's back?
Can you find the Butterfly?
(FRIDAY) Dad took off and was our own personal tour guide. We first stopped at the Guadirikiri Cave. Mom, Dad, Daniel, Kinleigh and I all went in to explore. Kinleigh was super brave and didn't mind the bats at all (Mom and Grandma not quite as brave). Daniel and Dad went back into the cave to a room full of bats. Why you might ask? I feel the same way. We then stopped at Boca Prins (an inlet) and were just blown away by the beauty. What amazes me most about Aruba is that it isn't what you see in brochures. The backside of the island is actually a dessert. You can not swim on the backside b/c it is cliffs going into the water (no beaches). The water is breath taking. The color is just like none we have ever seen. The next stop was to see the Natural Bridge which actually feel a couple years ago, but there is one right next to the fallen one. Dad bought us some local meat pastries and some virgin drinks for lunch. Our next stop was the Gold Mine ruins where just Daniel and I went up to explore (Kinleigh was relaxing in the car with Grandma and Grandpa. We then headed to the Ayo Rock Formations and Indian drawings. Very interesting to see such large boulders on this island. We need to do research and see where they came from. Last but not least we stopped and got some Dutch pastries- YUMMY. We went out to dinner Friday night with Sherman, Brian (two of Dad's friends from the island), Mom, and Dad to Brisas Del Mar. It is a restaurant located right on the water. How many times do you get to eat right on the water.
Boca Prins
Natural Bridge
Gold Mine Ruins
Gold Mine Ruins (no explanation for our flexing- we need help)
Ayo Rock Formations
Yummy Dutch Pastries
Papa (Grandpa in Kineigh language) spoiled Kinleigh with many fun rides. She didn't want to stop! While she was on one she would already be pointing at the next one and shaking her head yes.
Side note: It is Daniel and I's five year anniversary today and all three of us are heading out to dinner. I will continue blogging again later! I'm sure I will have to post this adventure in several different blogs.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
You got so may great pics. I can't wait to go back to Aruba.
Also, just read your plane ride back story. How annoying!!!
Post a Comment