
One Happy Family in Aruba
(SATURDAY) This was a fairly busy day for the rents. Daniel and I got up Saturday morning and went for another run. Mom had to be at the church for an activity at 10 and Dad and some of the men were making all the ladies lunch at 12. They weren't making a simple finger food lunch either, they were making a feast. Daniel and I slipped out and headed to the flea market. We did make it home though just in time for Daniel to help serve while I got to join the ladies for lunch. The food planner is a head chef there in Aruba at one of the hotels, so the food was DELICIOUS. We had chicken, fish, ribs, salads, bread, sauce, dessert, on and on. Once Kinleigh woke up from her nap we headed down to take Kinleigh swimming at the beach. She was perfect. She didn't care whether we were in the water splashing or sitting on the beach play. Grandma had bought a cute sand toy set and Kinleigh was so happy!
Mommy and Kinleigh at the beach
Kinleigh loving Baby Beach
Saturday evening Mom and Dad both had to talk at church so Daniel, Kinleigh and I hit the strip. Seeing how we have a toddler and can't stay out too late, we just walked around a little bit and got us a bite to eat. In Aruba all the stores clothes at 6 (it's the law), so not much action until the partiers come out late at night.
(SUNDAY) Daniel and Grandpa made us a breakfast feast for Mother's Day. We went to church with Mom and Dad.... Quite the interesting meeting seeing how it was two hours and all in Papamientos and Spanish. Kinleigh wasn't the best behaved, but I guess you can't really blame her when it is two hours. We then came home to another yummy meal by Grandpa for Mother's Day. Each Sunday Grandma and Grandpa have locals and the missionaries over for dinner, so that was fun! We just hung around the rest of the afternoon and played games after Kinleigh went to bed.
(MONDAY) Grandma, Daniel, Kinleigh and I took off in Mom's car and went exploring. We took her car off roading on the backside of the island. First,we went into the Fontein Cave. Kinleigh was not scared at all and actually kept running away from us trying to explore. Mom kept Kinleigh at the car for a little bit so Daniel and I could explore. We went up one trail and we were looking for the Groll hole, but instead we found the Erwin soul hole.
Erwin Soul Hole
You literally could spend days just out exploring the backside of the island. 20% of the island is a natural park. It is so neat to be able to get out and just explore. There are several trails that lead you all over the natural park. Then all of us took off and walked the 20 minute hike down to an old house. Grandma and Kinleigh were great hikers.
We found the Old House
By this time Kinleigh was exhausted and needed to head home and take a nap. Grandma kept Kinleigh again while Daniel and I went snorkeling. Can I say again how nice it was to have Grandma there to watch Kinleigh so we could explore. What a wonderful lady!!!! Monday night Grandpa grilled up some YUMMY steaks for dinner.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment