Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Finale of Aruba


The Famous Lighthouse picture
(TUESDAY) This was my favorite day in Aruba. Mom kept Kinleigh for the day so that Daniel and I could celebrate our FIVE YEAR ANNIV
ERSARY. I can not believe we have been married for five years. Any way, so we rented a jeep so we could do some true off roading. If you ever go to Aruba this is what I recommend you do. It is the BEST! First we hit the Del Sol store to find us some fun souvenirs and then we were off to explore. We had to stop at the light house and take the famous picture in front of the light house. Then, from there we headed up the backside. Let me remind you that the back side is desert with lots of rocks and cliffs to the ocean not beaches. All along the way people have formed tons of rock formations. Of course we didn't want to feel left out so we stopped to make our own rock formation.

Ours is better!

The Chapel
We stopped at the Vista Chapel and some dumb lady was actually praying in the chapel (as if that is what it is for), so we didn't get to take a picture from the inside. Back to the exploring.... On our search to find the Natural Pool we came across the Ostrich farm. Seeing how when you rent a jeep you get into the Ostrich farm for free we
decided why not? Again, I was ignorant to any information on Ostriches. Did you know they can run 45mph for one whole hour. They are the second fastest animals. The cheetah can out run them in a sprint, but not in long distances. So much more interesting things, but you'll have to go for yourself to see. We were the only ones on the tour so we got extra attention. We bought some feed so that we could feed the Ostriches.

Dianna Being Brave


Daniel Being Brave

Dianna NOT SO Brave
Again, back to our exploring.... WOW is all I can say for the adventure to the Natural Pool. First you have to climb up the mountain on these ROCKY roads (when I say ROCKY I mean ROCKY) to get to the top of the mountain only to have to climb down the ROCKY roads to the Natural Pool. I can't count the many occasions that I thought we were going to get stuck. What to do if you get stuck? There is a big sticker posted right on the dashboard in the jeep that says NO taking jeep to Natural Pool. So, I guess you can't really call the rental company?!?

Trip to the Natural Pool

The Natural Pool
We made it down to the Natural Pool and it was definitely wort
h the trip. Not to mention we had a BLAST in the jeep. We pull into the parking lot and there was probably five jeeps just like ours (in other words we weren't the only ones breaking the rules). The Natural Pool is just amazing. It literally is this Natural spot outlined by rocks to keep the ocean out. Very relaxing!

Daniel and Dianna enjoying the Natural Pool

We finished our adventure on the backside of the island and headed off to snorkel at the Spanish Lagoon. The coral was just like what you see on TV. Such a beautiful snorkeling spot. However, you go over two feet from the coral and the floor drops off and it has to be at least 35 feet deep. Again, just like on TV. It was a great ending to a wonderful day.
(WEDNESDAY) It was a little harder to enjoy this day since we new we had to leave. Daniel and I were both seriously depressed that we had to go home. We had to spend the morning returning the jeep and packing. We met Dad for lunch on Rogers Beach for one last meal together. Again, we had lunch right on the ocean! Oh how we LOVED our trip to Aruba.
p.s. I will add pictures later. For some reason my pictures are not showing up.

1 comments:

Texasholly said...

Tom isn't really all that into going back to Aruba. He said that we have already been there and should spend out money someplace new. But once he reads about renting a Jeep and going offroading...Hello Aruba!