Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend



The only picture with both of them even attempting to look up!

Saturday night we went over to the Willifords to have a good old barbecue. Despite Kinleigh pushing down CJ (well at least that is what we think happened- I walked into the kitchen with CJ sitting on the floor crying and Kinleigh holding onto the toy shopping cart glaring at CJ) the kids had fun playing! We put CJ and Kinleigh in the bath together and they had a grand time. Allen tried to get in to the bath tub with them, but don't worry we informed him this will be his ONLY time to be bathing with our daughter.
Memorial Day Daniel and I just relaxed and because Daniel is the best husband in the world we also went shopping. There is nothing I enjoy more then spending time with my family. Kinleigh loved having Daddy home for the long weekend and so every morning the remainder of the week I would go in to get Kinleigh out of bed and I kid you not the first words out of her mouth were "where's Daddy?"
So, no big vacations for Memorial Day, but we enjoyed ourselves hanging around here. Oh, and the pool opened this weekend, so we took Kinleigh and she still loves the pool. I'm not sure if she loves the water or walking around the outside of the pool better.
Oh, I can't forget the new house project we did this weekend. We have been going through a bunch of model homes (never a good idea for me) and noticed that they all have what appears to be extra crown molding at the top. It is actually a piece about 4 inches below and then you paint between the crow molding and trip to make it appear as one large piece. I was bound and determined that we were going to put this in our house. So, after bugging Daniel to death he gave in. Well... we all know that I am super short and unfortunately Daniel and I only have one ladder. So, I am trying to hold up the trim standing on my tip toes on top of a stool on top of a chair! All of a sudden I guess I pushed back and the stool went out from underneath me, I put my foot down to step on the chair and missed and went crashing to the floor (destroying one of our boxes (a previous project) on my way down). Despite scaring Daniel to death (he's a little over protective of me- it's cute (sometimes)) I did not break anything- minus the box on our wall. However, I have two VERY LARGE bruises on my left thigh as battle wounds. How Kinleigh slept through all the commotion I have no idea. That's our good sleeper!

0 comments: