UPDATE: When Kinleigh woke up from her nap Friday afternoon I gave her the breathing machine again. This time it did not work like a champ, so we called the nurse line and she said to bring Kinleigh to the Dr. We brought her in and they said that she was wheezing pretty bad and the breathing machine was not clearing it up, so she is now on a steroid plus the breathing machine. They said the steroid would make Kinleigh hungry and hyper. Hungry not so much she is still not eating, but HYPER-YES!
Unfortunately Kinleigh is sick again. You'd think that since summer is here that the colds would be out, but I guess she has to start the summer with a bang. Kinleigh woke up yesterday morning as Daniel was getting ready for work, so he was sweet and went and got her so that I could continue sleeping. As I'm laying trying to get back to sleep I hear Kinleigh yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" (I think you get the picture). Daniel had to step into the garage for a minute to take a phone call and apparentlyKinleigh decided it was time for Mommy to wake up. She is so cute! She was so excited when I came out of the room :). Always makes me feel good. Anyway, as the day went on she kept wheezing and would just whine constantly. It isn't an annoying whine, but a pain whine. She would not sleep and I had her all drugged on every medicine and nothing seemed to be working. So, finally at 9pm I decided that we better try her breathing machine. The thing worked like a champ, she was breathing so much better and fell fast asleep. So, she woke up again at 1:30 this morning and Daniel (the sweetest husband ever) went and got her out of bed and she did the same whining thing with him. Finally at 2:30 he looked at the breathing machine prescription medicine and saw he could give her it every four hours, so he gave her another treatment. Again, she took it like a champ, worked wonderfully and she went back to bed for the night. I had to work this morning, so Daniel stayed at home with Kinleigh. She is sleeping now, but he said she is doing better today. She still won't eat anything and he thinks we need to continue the breathing machine treatment, but that she was in a much better mood. I hope that lasts for me. I hear her now! Wish me luck.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



0 comments:
Post a Comment