I am finally going to post about our Thanksgiving trip to Arizona.... Unfortunately we were terrible about taking pictures, so I will try my best to hit the highlights.
After giving up our seats in Phoenix (we received three free vouchers) we finally arrived in Tucson about 2 in the morning on Tuesday (Kinleigh did not sleep AT ALL).
I wasn't the only one who thought Kinleigh was adorable pulling her little suitcase. I kid you not, I have been waiting for months for Kinleigh to roll her giraffe bag through the airport. This may take the cake for the most attention she has received from others!
Kinleigh and Dad chillin during our lay over.
Tuesday we got up and took a bike ride through the National Park (it was so nice to have a niece and nephew keep Kinleigh for us).
We came home, gave Kinleigh a little nap, and then drove up to the top of Mount Lemon (beautiful).
Kinleigh hiked up the side all by herself (of course we are in the "do it self" stage).
She thought she had to do everything that Sierra and Mckinley were doing. I think she was already trying to give Mommy a heart attack.
We ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant for dinner to celebrate Paul's birthday.
Wednesday we got up and Daniel went out on a mountain bike ride. I decided to stay home with Kinleigh and try to get her to take a nap. Once they got home we headed down to shop in Mexico. No big souvenirs for us, but we did leave the tourist area to see what Mexico was like- very interesting! I finally got a burger from In and Out! Yes it was good, but not the best I have had. We spent Wednesday night rock climbing for about 4 hours (in a gym of course). Kinleigh kept wanting to climb the walls.
Nancy slaved away making this wonderful meal while Daniel, Paul, Brian and I went on a bike ride.
We had a nice relaxing afternoon spending time with the family.
Friday Paul took Daniel and I on my first real Mountain biking trails. I have to admit it was super fun. Now of course Daniel wants to buy some Mountain bikes. I was a little scared for the first couple of hills, but I got braver as the time went on. Friday night we took a hike with the family. Arizona is wonderful because most of it is government land so you can hike, bike, etc. all outside your front door- it was AWESOME and surprisingly beautiful.
Saturday we got up and drove up to Safford Arizona to see my sister and her family whom Kinleigh was meeting for the very first time.

We took a drive up the mountain and it was snowing! Kinleigh was able to play in her first real snow and of course eat her first snow!
On the plane ride to Arizona Daniel was reading one of those magazines that they have in the back of the seats (yes he is one of those guys) and saw that Safford had Mexican restaurants that were on the salsa trail. Apparently they are known for there delicious home made salsa. So, Saturday night Jen and Jason took us out to one of these "famous" Mexican restaurants and yes the salsa was mighty tasty.
Sunday Kinleigh did great in nursery. She even had a stinky diaper (which is an every Sunday ritual) and when I was done changing her she took off running down the hall telling me she had to go back to nursery. We spent the rest of the day relaxing and playing games.
Monday the three youngest kids took the day off of school to stay home and play with us. We drove the 4 wheelers over to a park where Kinleigh had a blast. We went and got some more yummy Mexican food and went shopping in there adorable down town. While Kinleigh took a nap Jen took Daniel and I out on some fun 4 wheeling trails. You simply go out there front door and hop on the 4 wheelers and go. There is this crazy paintball 4 wheeling trail where you play paintball while 4 wheeling. Aside from almost dying a couple times it was quite the thrill!
We had a great time with everyone and were sad to have to come back. Kinleigh of course LOVED playing with her cousins and as always I was left wishing we lived closer to family. However, it was super fun and we really appreciated all the great hospitality.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



4 comments:
SOunds like ya'll had so much fun! I gotta admit I would've been on eof those people in the airport staring at how freak'n adorable kinleigh is pulling her suitcase!!! CAn't wait to see you on the 18th!! We'll have to party before the chaos begins:)
That looks like a fun Thanksgiving! I'm impressed with all the biking and rock climbing you did on vacation. All I do on vacation is eat and get fat! And way to go on getting 3 vouchers to fly! That would be nice!
Your little girl looks just like you! I love her suitcase too. I can't believe we were so close to each other and we didn't even know it!
how was Christmas? Hope everything is going good with you guys! Love ya!!
Post a Comment