Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Just A Few of the Reasons I Love My Daughter

  • She insists on having a napkin every time she eats (she has to clean up any spills around her immediately).
  • She loves to eat Macaroni and Cheese (just like her Mommy and her Aunt Holly).
  • Every time she hears Daniel or I say "owee" she immediately asks if we are OK and then will continue to ask until we give her an answer.
  • She of course then will proceed to kiss our owees better.
  • Every time I feel sick to my stomach she tells me to go throw-up.
  • Any time she sees a pen, pencil, crayon, marker, etc... she insists on coloring and will throw a fit until she gets her way.
  • She and I play this game where we eat each others noses, mouths, chins, cheeks, etc... and she gets the biggest kick out of it every time.
  • Her eyes light up any time she is smiling, laughing, or just excited- which is quite frequently these days and I love it!
  • She loves to go to dance! When I tell her we have dance tonight she immediately says "with Ms. Judy?"
  • She is amazing with names. She remembers every one's name and what family they belong to and then associates something with them.
  • Thanks to her cousin Kolby, she is constantly sliding a chair all over the kitchen to watch Mommy cook or to get something she shouldn't off the counter.
  • Every time we put her kitty cat slippers on she has to inform me that "these used to be Ellie's."
  • She is constantly asking what is that? who is that? what color is that?, etc....
  • She insists on sitting on her knees instead of her bottom.
  • She absolutely loves babies and will spot them from a mile away.
  • Any time she hears a sad child she turns to me and says "she's sad."
  • She used to sleep with one baby, then two babies, and now we are up to three babies and she won't go to bed with out three babies.
  • I use to have to read her one book before bed, then two, and yes we are now up to the lucky number three.
  • After I finish a sentence explaining something to her I say understand and so she does the same to me.
  • Every time she talks to her Daddy on the phone she tells him to "come to the house."
  • She asks where her Daddy is a hundred times a day.
  • Any time she hears a noise she says, "Did you hear that?"
  • As mentioned before she associates people with things, she also associates places with things. For example, anytime we go into Target she must get a hot dog, yogurt, and a drink.
  • She actually likes the Dr. and will tell me she needs to go see the Dr.
  • She absolutely loves to play with other kids! She gets so excited when any of them come over to her house.
  • She begs me to go play outside every day! She is not much of a TV watcher. I'm lucky to get her to sit and watch TV for 5 minutes.
  • Any time she hears Santa she immediately responds with "Bike." That is what she wanted from Santa for Christmas and she was very adamant about that.
  • She puts EVERYTHING in "mime mout."
  • She runs and hides in every little nook and corner.
  • The most amazing thing to me is her memory. Today I asked her to get a little toy truck from under my bed. When she pulled the truck out she said, "Oliver gave this to me." She was right it was a truck that Oliver had given to her MANY MANY MANY MONTHS ago and to be honest I don't think I've seen the truck since until today.

7 comments:

Dianna said...

Aww, so cute! I miss Kinleigh. Move to Texas, PLEASE????

Sabs said...

ok kolby learned it from grandma lawton about 24 hours before he taught it to kinleigh:) we're up to 3 bedtime stories too, but luckily no baby dolls:) Can't believe she loves the dr! She's so funny! WE love your daughter too!!!

Hall Family said...

I have been waiting for a month or two or however long it's been to hear that you're still alive ;) hehe Kinleigh is so cute!!! Those girls and their dolls--We're up to three or four or however many we can fit on the bed comfortably. I'm way excited that there is even the remote possibility you could come and visit! Honestly, I would rather be back in Utah--who would have thought?! haha But I'm sure this place will grow on me soon--once I find my niche.

Sachiyo said...

yay i'm glad to see that you have recovered from you death bed. i think all of us have as well! :)

Suzi said...

She is lucky to have a mom who loves her so much! What a fun little girl she must be!

Will you send me your address? Just email it to me...suzi.mackay at gmail dot com

Suzanne

Hall Family said...

where does your grandma or grandparents live--the ones you said live close to us?

April said...

Diana! I love your blog! It is so cute! You are so fun to have a blog all about your daughter! She is so adorable! I love that she cleans up her messes immediately! THat is so proper! I hope your doing great!