
Our church does a play group each week and this week they did an Easter Egg Hunt (I'd say we, but I didn't help one bit-Jessica did a WONDERFUL job).
First they played hot egg and then who ever ended up having the egg gave it to their neighbor. Seeing how Kinleigh is a candy junkie she of course wanted to eat it RIGHT THEN.
Then, Jessica had this cute set of plastic eggs and spoons and the kids tried to walk balancing the egg on the spoon. Kinleigh took her turn and did a great job, but once one of the LITTLE KIDS (those darn little kids :)) took her egg she had enough.
Then, the most surprising part of all... the kids all did an Easter Egg Hunt. No, that is not the surprising part, the surprising part was that they split the kids into two groups one for the big kids and one for the little kids. KINLEIGH WAS A BIG KID!!!!! She is officially no longer my baby- which she continuously reminds me when I call her "my little baby" and immediately she responds, "I big girl!"

A few updates: Kinleigh is still obsessed with games and I have had to move all of Mommy and Daddy's games out of her reach which she still tries to get! I'm not quite sure the excitement of taking every card out of every game....
She still insists that Mommy is pregnant with a little SISTER! I ask her what happens if it is a baby brother and she just insists "No a little Sister!" We'll find out next week....
She is now at a new babysitter and when I went to pick her up SHE DID NOT WANT TO COME HOME. It is so wonderful to know she is in such good hands- THANK YOU!!!!
Suggestions: So, since this new found discovery of opening the doors in the house Kinleigh continually thinks that she needs to come down and wake Mommy up on average three times a night. The last few nights it has been a simple as me picking her back up, taking her to her bed, and re-tucking her in (she asks me to tuck her back in). As nice as it is to easily put her back to bed; it would be really nice to have a full nights rest with out any interruptions :). Any suggestions?
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



6 comments:
My only suggestion - I know this sounds horrible - is to lock her in her room. I have several co-workers who have done this (more for safety reasons because of stairs) but it seems to work fine. Of course, you know I can't do this at my house so I just either take CJ back to her bed or she sleeps with us! Good luck!
The egg hunt sounds really fun! We always do one with the cousins (on Cory's side there are more than enough for a really good hunt). It really seems to have sneaked up on me this year. I've heard lots of people to the locked door thing and swear by it. My pediatrician suggested it too. My house tends to be a little more like Kory's though, so I can't speak from personal experience. :)
Put one of those child proof things on the door handle. Or lock the door? Good luck. I couldn't handle being woken up several times a night anymore.
Kinleigh is so cute! Send me your email so that I can invite you to my blog...suzi.mackay at gmail.com
YEAH, you updated!! Glad to see it...now get some Jamaica pictures up there!! Anyway, I know the other ladies have said to just lock her in her room but somehow,(I know I don't know her personality and isn't that sad by the way) ANYWAY depending on how upset that would make her you might get woken up anyway because she's screaming at being locked in there...my first thought was to get a poster board or something similar and make a chart for her so that everynight she sleeps ALL night without "bothering" Mommy and Daddy she gets a sticker to put on it and after a week (or however long you wanted) of full night's stickers she gets to go out on a date with Daddy or go to the park with just Mommy or something that she would like to do!! Just a thought!!
a baby sister huh? can't wait to find out the results! I think holly and I are more anxious than you are to find out what you're having:) ha ha. we're having a playgroup easter party this wed but the lady in charge is sick of easter egg hunts. how can you get sick of easter egg hunts? good luck with the door thing. I have no idea since I'm too much of a whimp to take kolby out of his crib:)
Post a Comment