Since the last post Kinleigh has started several new things.
She has finally upgraded to a toddler bed. I was trying to hold out for as long as I could, but she just got too good at climbing out of that crib. Then of course started asking for a big girl bed. We made it 2 1/2 years in the crib though so I'd say she did pretty good. (pictures of her in her big girl bed will be coming soon)
Her next discovery came while Daniel and I were in Jamaica. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal but it sure is a pain. In her room she has an armoire (see picture)
and on the right side I keep her wet wipes, diapers, books, cd's, dance clothes, hats, etc... If I don't want her to have it I put it in here or in her closet! She discovered that she can open both the armoire and her closet door. Sure seems like wet wipes have been disappearing quickly. I might need to add that my daughter is a clean freak like her Mom and thinks she needs to wash everything with a wet wipe. She looked at my window seals the other day and say "Mommy, dirty" and went and got a wet wipe and cleaned them right up.
Yesterday she discovered that she can now open doors! She's been able to reach the door knob for about a month now, but hadn't figured out the wrist turn yet! Daniel was with her when she made this discovery and he sad she was ecstatic. This morning I am sound asleep when I hear my door open and then slam shut and "Mommy are you awake?"
She has been able to drink out of a big girl cup for a long time, but I never pushed the issue too much at home b/c of the mess free sippy cups. Apparently she is getting too big for the sippy cup too and wants to drink out of a big girl cup.
Her new favorite thing now is to dress herself and not just once a day but four or five times a day. I use to keep her door shut so she couldn't get in but I see that won't be happening any longer. She is also getting very opinionated on what she wants to wear whether I tell her it matches or not.
Pretty much she wants to be a big girl now and I can't stop her. Now if only I could have more patience for the potty training.
Last little note. Kinleigh has the biggest southern accent and it just cracks me up. Daniel nor I have southern accents so I'm not quite sure were she is picking it up, but she sure is a southern bell.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



5 comments:
welcome back by the way! I wanna hear about your vacation:) opening doors is so fun:) here comes miss independent. And I think you're wrong about you and daniel not having accents....perhaps you've been in NC too long:)
so funny - CJ has such the little southern accent too and Mae's family kept getting her to say things like "right now" and "bye" because it's so pronounced!
thanks for the info on Ikea. as soon as it opens in charlotte we will definitely make a day trip!!!
Yay! you're blogging again! :) It sounds like Kinleigh is doing a lot of "growing up" FAST!!!! She's making sure to keep you on your toes ;)
Ok, Daniel TOTALLY has a southern accent!
Kinleigh is so cute with her independence! I thought Ellie had figured out doors, but apparently it only applies to my bedroom. Everything else is still safe!
My kids have a southern accent, but I know where they get it from. ;)
Post a Comment