Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Playing Catch Up

I am going to copy my sister-in-laws idea of catching up since I too am WAY BEHIND in blogging.

Weekend #1
My brother Mark and his family flew in for the weekend so that Mark and Daniel could do the Ironman in Wilmington. We headed down Friday morning to allow enough time for the boys to do all that they needed to prepare for the next day. Rosie and I hung out with the kids in the hotel (who knew hotel rooms could be so entertaining for kids). Since the boys were still not back we dressed them up and took them out trick-or-treating to a whopping three houses. Really we just wanted to take some pictures of them in their awesome costumes.

Levi

Kinleigh

Leilani, Aidyn and Mia
I am going to make this short... Both Mark and Daniel did an awesome job and finished the ironman with hours to spare. Despite Daniel suffering from hypothermia (and scaring his wife) and having to stay in the medical tent for 30 minutes he finished and did an amazing job! Mark kicked some serious bootie on the swim and bike and Daniel rocked that marathon. I have to insert a little bragging on my husband here- Daniel went from barely even being able to swim two laps with out getting tired to swimming 2.4 miles! Not to mention that he has never run a marathon in his life and was able to run the entire thing (no walking) after doing the 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike. He ROCKS!
What did we do all day...
We went to the children's museum and let the kids pay for a couple hours.



We waited for the Ferry for over an hour....

Rosie made those adorable shirts the kiddos are wearing

Note the cigarette butts! What we do for our fathers.

Finally on the ferry! CJ and Kory came down for the day to support Daniel. It was so nice of them to spend there day and I do mean ALL DAY with us.

Waiting for the boys to come by on the run. Despite Kinleigh peeing in her pants and having to let them just air dry these kids did AWESOME. We're talking from 7 in the morning until 11 at night these kids were supporting there Dads. They found some interesting ways to entertain themselves. Had we of known that it would take hours just to get from Wilmington to the Battle Ship and back we probably would have packed some entertainment and food!

Waiting for the finish!
Now pictures of the Ironmen

Mark Bike

Mark Run

Mark Finish

Daniel Bike

Daniel Finish

The Men

And waiting again for the ferry to go back to our cars!

6 comments:

Strommer Family said...

It's awesome that you finally caught up on life....Thank you for that!! Mom had already told us about Dan doing so well but it's good to hear from you too...there is a girl here that I just read her blog and she's practicing for the Pyeongtaek Marathon here while her family is practicing for one in the states...so their running together in proxy. Now what's up with this Mylar blanket thing..I've seen it twice in 10 minutes now...on Dan and the girl here!! ;)

Mom Erwin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom Erwin said...

I too am glad to see some pictures of the Ironman event. I am proud of both of the "ironmen" (even if it is a "crazy stressful endurance race!") The kids look so cute in their costumes and I am glad they got to spend a day with their cousins - that is neat. love, Mom

Hall Family said...

Looks like you guys had Fun ;) The girls all look so cute!!! Kinleigh looks so much bigger, and I LOVE Levi's costume!! What a cutie!! :) Congrats to the Ironmen! (there's no way I'd last doing something like that!)

Kory said...

yay! you finally did the triathalon post! :)

we had fun being there and were happy to support Daniel on his big day!

Jamie Smith said...

Ok, I'm impressed! That is AMAZING! Just hearing about Iron Mans make me tired! Way to go!