Saturday, December 27, 2008

CHRISTMAS

Like most people, I too LOVE Christmas time! This Christmas we decided to stay home and have our own Christmas with just the four of us (of course we would have taken any family that wanted to come spend it with us- maybe one year we'll get some takers). I know I would have been a bit sad not doing at least a little something with family but, no fears because our adopted family had us over Christmas Eve and Christmas Day Evening.

I arrived home from Houston to lights on our house, the columns on the porch wrapped with red ribbon, and our Christmas tree up in the little pointless nook above our door. Daniel sure does spoil me. I will admit I was a terrible wife and made him get our tree back down from that crazy place and put it upstairs in our bonus room. I really can't explain why or what nook I am talking about but for those of you who have seen it- picture a full size Christmas tree in that space.

We took our kiddos to our ward Christmas party and they had such a fun time. We were the first people in line and both Levi and Kinleigh enjoyed Santa this year. Kinleigh was sure to let him know that she wanted a doll house. Then some people from our ward put on a little presentation with narrating, singing, and beautiful instrument playing. Kinleigh thought she need to contribute so she was standing on the side playing with some ones music stand and singing "I Am A Child Of God" at the top of her lungs. Seriously, she can be so adorable at times.


We met up with our friends the Willifords and Newbolds to take a train ride through the Christmas lights. The girls had a blast as always and even Levi loved the lights. We then ate dinner at one fine Mexican Restaurant!

Christmas Eve was a ton of fun! My family always acts out the nativity and so I was stoked to find out the Sweeneys do the same. However, they do it a little different then we do. Each person draws a part and then has five minutes to find their costume. The play was narrated by David and the rest of us acted out our parts- I was Joseph, Kinleigh was King Herod, and Levi was baby Jesus. What I loved the most about the event was that after your part was read then you got to do the talking/acting. For example, Daniel was a gangster inn keeper and put on quite the show. The acting was top of the line and I have never laughed so much during the reenactment. My family is much more serious in our acting. Nicole had made tons of appetizer/finger foods and we just ate and played games all night. David's parents are in town so Kinleigh just adopted them as her own and they are just wonderful people.


The kids dressed in there Christmas pajamas. We decided to get everyone pajamas this year including Mom and Dad!
Christmas morning Levi was up at 6 and Kinleigh finally graced us with her presence about 8:15. She came out of her room and said, "Mom, I want to open presents." She was super excited to find candy, dora battery operated toothbrush, silly string, etc... in her stocking. She was even more excited when she realized that Santa had brought her a present and it was upstairs under the Christmas tree. She took off sprinting up the stairs and was ecstatic when she saw her doll house. She actually first thought that he had brought her a kitchen but that was her big present from us but it was too big to wrap. That thing took us until 1:30 to put together- yea we didn't get much sleep that night. By this time Levi was tired so we had him open all his presents and then go to bed while the rest of us finished opening our presents. Of course Kinleigh wanted everything taken out of the box and to play with each gift immediately. She has been entertaining herself very well since with all her new toys! We went for a run at the park and then let Kinleigh play for a little while. Then we headed out to find us a good Christmas dinner. Lets just say that if you want food on Christmas Day- Chinese Food it is! We went back to the Sweeney's Christmas night and played some more games. It was a fun experience to be at home and have Christmas with our little family.


My big present from Daniel- a weekend at the Sheraton and a day at the spa! All with out kids. My rockin friend Kory got the same present!!!

Kinleigh's gift to Daddy!

3 comments:

Texasholly said...

Chinese food on Christmas Day makes me think of A Christmas Story. Fa ra ra ra ra.

Mom Erwin said...

I am glad you all had a delightful holiday. The Sweeneys are sweet people and I'm sure the acting of the original Christmas night was great fun. Tell them "hi" for us! In Dan's picture on the right side of the blog he is standing in front of what looks like striped rock (like in our parks around here). Where is he standing? We send our love.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!