Kinleigh came in last week for a cleaning and she did so wonderful this time! She wanted her Daddy to go first and he wasn't half way through the cleaning before she was begging for her turn. She sat still for the whole cleaning and even did the fluoride treatment at the end! She loved the polisher but I think her favorite was being able to spit into the suction. She wasn't scared of the Dentist at all and did every thing he asked. I love that I am able to clean her teeth. Now for the crazy part- ready for this? Kinleigh has her first cavity. I could not believe my eyes! I am such a freak about cleaning her teeth and often worry that I am cleaning them too hard and long. I of course blame my husband. He has been such a dear since the baby came and usually gets Kinleigh ready for bed. Obviously he is not brushing her teeth well enough! Isn't it always his fault?!? I told Kinleigh that the dentist was going to put a band aid on her tooth and that night she woke up screaming. I went upstairs to check on her and she was saying, "I don't want Dr. to put a band aid on my tooth!" She thought it was funny before bedtime. I guess this is what happens when you are a hygienist and are too worried about your child's teeth. 
I am usually a lot more geared up but I figured I didn't need all that protection from my own child.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



3 comments:
oh no! i can't believe Kinleigh has a cavity already! i am SO dreading when CJ finally lets you clean her teeth, i'm sure they will be a mess.
Who is sleeping on that couch behind you? What a weird dental office where the waiting room is in the exam room???
HA! I was going to ask the same thing about the whole couch thing! Are you cleaning her teeth in the waiting room?
I had a friend whose son had his first cavity, he just turned 3. It was b/t his front teeth! I feel for you!!!
Post a Comment