Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Just a few tid bits

Kinleighs new obsession is to color!
It started with scribble scrabble (that is what we call it around here).
Then went to coloring everything the same color
.
Coloring everything multi color.

To drawing!

She came in last week to show me the picture she drew of Levi, Kinleigh and Mommy! I had no idea she knew how to draw a cirlce let alone eyes, nose, mouth, hair, and our legs.
Kinleigh has an imaginary friend. Her name is Cawdee (don't ask where she got that name). She started talking about Cawdee several months ago and we kept explaining to her that Cawdee was not real and it took me a while to really grasp that Cawdee was an imaginary friend. She has even resorted to blaming things on Cawdee! The other week I was cooking and Kinleigh informed me that Cawdee was standing right behind me with a witch. I have to admit I was a little spooked!!!!
Kinleigh has really taken on the role as big sister/mom! She loves to help out with Levi and insists that he is her baby too. She loves to make him laugh and he loves it in return. She especially loves to kiss and hug him. When I lay him on the floor she lays down right beside him and he just loves to grab at her. She is very good with him and truly is a big help.
The other day she kept saying she is doing her JOB. So now when I want her to do something I tell her it is her job and she hops right to it.
She is growing out of that toddler stage and into more of a kid. She is constantly making me laugh and brings more joy into my life then I could imagine. I love that girl!!!

2 comments:

Sabs said...

wow those pics are awesome! what an artist! your mom and i were just discussing the stages of children's drawing:) hmmmm i need to try that "job" thing with kolby.

Hall Family said...

I LOVE the pics! Especially her drawing of you guys! I am quite amazed that her age she's perfected the staying in the lines! We're still working on it, but I have noticed progress with Makaya's by using the Crayola Pencil crayons. :) Anyway, Good JOb Kinleigh!!! :)