Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The West

We finally took that trip out West to visit the in-laws. We had a wonderful time- the only down fall was that it takes an eternity to get from here to there. We started heading to the airport at 11:30am and did not arrive at their house until 2:00am (our time). Gave Daniel a new found respect for me traveling alone with the children.

The first day we spent the majority of the day at snow canyon. On our way home we went into a model home from the parade of homes and I just have one word, "WOW!" That evening they took us to some old gypsum mines that they used for sheet rock. Interesting I know.
The next day (Saturday) Daniel and I started our day with a 7 1/2 mile run on a trail that is literally right behind his parents house. So amazing! They said it runs all along St.George. Then, Mom took us to see Zion National Park. We were able to do one hike but thought we'd be pushing our luck trying to get Kinleigh to do another one. We had a wonderful picnic and a great time just driving and taking in the beauty. What amazes us the most is how a lot of the land is government owned and so you see trails everywhere that anyone can use. We loved Arizona last year because of the beauty and the ability for an active lifestyle and feel the same about St.George. We won't be moving any time soon but sure have loved our visits. Daniel's half brother Matthew happened to be in town visiting his wives family and so we were able to see and visit with him and his family. So greatful we got to spend some time with them again. It amazes me how much Dad, Matthew, Daniel, and Levi look alike!

Sunday we went to church, had lunch and then once the kiddos woke up from their naps we headed to see where Mom and Dad are serving another service mission. Our first stop was the St.George Temple. We visited the visitors center and watched a short video. Kinleigh did not want to leave and kept begging to watch another one. We then headed over to the Brigham Young House and was able to take a tour of the home and grounds. We then headed over to the Jaboc Hamblin house. Mom and Dad do the gardening and maintenance of these two houses. Sunday night Daniel's half sister and her son came over for a little bit and I was able to meet her for the first time. It was great getting to know her and one of her sons.
*I wanted a picture of the family in front of the Jacob Hamblin house. Kinleigh would not come so we took it without her. She threw a fit so I took one with her and this is the face I get.*
Monday (my birthday) Daniel let me sleep in and when I did finally wake up Mom had a big breakfast prepared for my big day :). Daniel and I then headed out for another run this time doing about 8 1/2 miles. We then ran a few errands and had lunch at Olive Garden -again for my birthday. I know I'm spoiled. We headed out Monday afternoon to spend the evening in Las Vegas. We thought it would be fun to let Kinleigh stay in the "castle" aka the Excalibur. She LOVED her castle. We walked up and down the strip until the kids couldn't keep their eyes open anymore.

Tuesday we spent the entire day traveling home!
We had such a wonderful visit and can not wait for the next time.

4 comments:

Kory said...

loving all the cute pics of your family!!!

Hall Family said...

Fun pictures!!! And what a great trip! I've never toured St. George...I think I can say I've driven through. haha I didn't know there was so many LDS sites down there! It sounds like you had a Wonderful birthday! I'm glad it was good!! and that you were spoiled ;) Can I Pleaaaaase have a little of your energy---7-8 miles?!?!?! No wonder you look like you, and I look like me!!! Anyway, I'm glad it was a fun trip! It's always fun when the hubby gets those eye opening moments of gratitude and awe for his wife too ;) haha

Sabs said...

wow what a trip! i can't get over how old levi is getting!!! glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! My brother just got back from Vegas and has the same pic of him and his girlfriend in front of the Excaliber! It's one of my favorite hotels too!