Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter 2009




While I was gone I informed Daniel of two events: one being the local parks easter egg hunt and the other our neighborhood easter egg hunt. I did not just inform him of this on one occassion but multiple occasions. So, I return home and as we're driving past the sign (the same sign that he has passed EVERYTIME he exits and enters our neighborhood) I ask him which event he chose? Yea, he played the "have no idea what you are talking about" card. To try and make it up to Kinleigh he looked up another one for the following weekend. He was going to be out of town but I was all ready Saturday to take them. Oh wait, he got the date wrong- it was Friday instead of Saturday. I call that "crash and burn." Then, to top off the horrible parents card we never got around to dying Easter eggs. I really don't know what kind of parents we are. The Easter Bunny did visit the kids though and Kinleigh got to have an Easter egg hunt at our friends the Sweeneys' house. Once again they were ever so kind to invite us over to celebrate the Holidays. Of course they both got new Easter outfits!!! I never pass up an opportunity to "have to" purchase new cute clothes for the kiddos.

3 comments:

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

That is too funny. You guys have plenty of opportunities to put on the good show as they get older. We try and pass up anything we can while they are still young. :-)

Sabs said...

so cute! is that a "my little pony" basket? love it!

Strommer Family said...

Oh no alert the bad parent police...how dare you forget to dye eggs with your "too young of a children, they'll never remember that you didn't" children!! Beautiful outfits though and I know JUST what you're talking about about the "having to buy" cute clothes!!