Thursday, June 11, 2009

The drama of the week

Towards the end of my pregnancy I started having pain in my wrists. The Dr.'s said it was fairly common and that sometimes it will go away after giving birth. Well, in my case this was not true it only proceeded to get worse. So, a couple weeks after Levi was born I had to get cortisone shots in both of my wrists (just FYI they hurt like the dickens!) My right wrist has been wonderful ever since but about three months ago the pain in my left wrist started to come back. Again a long story short I had to go get yet another shot in my left wrist. This time Daniel AND the kids came with me (last time my wonderful Mother was in town to keep the kiddos). Just so people don't think we're freaks that have to go everywhere together- Daniel left work and came and met me at the Dr. When the Nurse came to take me to my room Kinleigh looked at him and with her sad eyes and voice she asked, "Are you going to give my Mommy a shot?" Needless to say he recommended that we didn't bring the kids back to the room. I had to bear the torture on my own. Last time she held my hand so that I did not pull it away and for some reason she forgot to this time. We'll just say that when I felt that CRAZY pain I jumped which in return made her jump and yes we had to do the whole process over again!!! She held my hand the second time. This time they gave me a wrist support to wear for three weeks because of something about the tendon being weak and can easily be damaged(where was this information last time I got these shots)?
Last night Kinleigh went to bed as happy and as healthy as can be. This morning she woke up crying of a sore throat and throwing up! It amazes me how fast these kiddos get sick. As she is throwing up she accidentally wet her pants. So here is my child throwing up over and over again, wetting her pants and what does she do... she starts telling me "Sorry!" My heart just melted. She can be so stubborn at times but she is truly an angel! Finally got her to the Dr. and she has strep. I hate it when my children get sick. Hate that they are in so much pain and there is nothing more that I can do for them then hold them, love them, and give them lots of motrin :)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that funny that she had strep? Poor baby, Colleen just had her first bout with strep too.....I HATE strep!

Sorry to hear about your wrists! Hope your feeling better!

Strommer Family said...

Poor Erwin girls!! Hope you both feel better soon...and I'd also really love to see all of ya'll before we die!! ;)