Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dear Levi

8-9-09
Dear Levi,
I can not believe that you are already one. Seems like yesterday I was in the hospital begging the nurses to bring you in to my room so I could finally hold you! You have been such a joy in my life since day 1. You are such a happy little boy. You are always smiling and laughing and in return making me constantly smile and laugh. You are a tiny little thing- less then 3% for height and weight. You have four teeth- P, O (bottom two came first), D and G. You are constantly on the go.... Every time I turn around you are trying to climb the stairs (which you mastered going up LONG ago but just recently mastered going down), play in the fireplace, take the vents off the floor, pull all my Tupperware from the cabinets, climb into the cabinets, get into my trash can, pull the trash out of the trash can, slide my door to the shower open and climb in, and etc.... But what I love most is the you LOVE to play upstairs in the game room with your big sister. You LOVE your big sister! You don't even mind her tackling you to give you a hug or being suffocated when she gives you a kiss. Every morning when you see her your whole face lights up and you just smile at her. Just a few things that you love to do:
*swing on the swing (you giggle constantly)
*any time you hear the bath water you get super excited and sprint to the bathroom, stand up on the side and scream until I put you in
*you love to push the walking toy around the entire house; you love to walk along walls, tables, holding our hands, pretty much anything you can get your hands on but still you won't walk on your own (you've been doing this since 9 months)
*you LOVE to growl at people
*you say "HI" to everyone you see
*you love big kid food NOT baby food
*you prefer feeding yourself
*you scream anytime we eat and are not feeding you
*you love to chase the vacuum and get right in my way while vacuuming;
*you let anyone hold you
*you love to listen to music and move your body (especially Michael Jackson)
*you throw tantrums- yes I believe you are the only "just 1" year old I know that throws his body on the floor and kicks his legs and screams!
*you get frustrated when you can't do something
*you have given us two big scares in your one short year of life. When you came out you had the cord wrapped around your neck, you were blue, and you weren't breathing. You were given a score of 3 which I learned later was VERY BAD! They called in for backup and it seemed like an eternity before they could get you to cry! I did not get to hold you or really see you for HOURS. The second time was when you were 3 1/2 months old and spent five nights in the hospital with RSV and Pneumonia. I'd prefer no more scares but am so grateful for your recovery! You bring so much joy into my life and I love you more then you could ever imagine. Happy Birthday Little Man!
I LOVE YOU LEVI!
Love, Mommy

3 comments:

Strommer Family said...

He indeed is a HUGE cutey and I can't wait to see him and your other patootey again...don't forget about us up here..I have an 8 yr. old that sure misses having a little girl around to play dress-up with!! Hopefully yours remembers it fondly too!! ;)

Unknown said...

Great, touching letter! He is a cutie!

Hall Family said...

A very sweet letter! Happy Birthday Levi!!!! :) May you not give mommy and daddy scares for a whole 'nother year! :)