Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Kinleigh and Preschool


Kinleigh started preschool a couple weeks ago! She goes five days a week from 9-12. There are 17 kids in her class with only four of them being girls. After the first couple days her teacher informed me "Wow, Kinleigh sure holds her own with all these boys." I guess having a boy as her best friend really pays off! That and he's beat anyone up if they even thought about hurting Kinleigh.
Each day when Kinleigh gets home I ask her what she learned in preschool and each day I get the same response, "ummmm... we learned about God." Anything else, "ummm, and Jesus." Glad I am spending $$$ each month to teach her about God and Jesus.
I know she is learning despiste what she says. The thing I am most impressed with is how well she can write her name. Before preschool nothing, now just after a couple weeks she can almost write her entire name. Now just ask me how many times I tried to get her to recognize her letters or write her name. This is why I have to pay someone else to teach her... nothing from her Mommy.

2 comments:

Hall Family said...

That's exciting!!! (learnin to write!)

Mom Erwin said...

I hope she is enjoying it - I bet she is. It seems too that you can try for months to get them to write or read or whatever but until they are "ready" and old enough, it just doesn't click in. All of a sudden, it does and they zoom on from there.