Monday, December 28, 2009

Day #7 Christmas Eve


Christmas Eve the family all got together at Mark's house for our traditional family festivities. Rosie made some sugar cookies and had a ginger house and train for the kiddos to decorate. (This is a new thing but the kids sure had fun and I know for a fact that Mr. Clause really enjoyed the cookies).
Then we partook of the spread of delicious food made by Sabrina and Rosie.
Then the traditional reenactment of the Nativity from the Bible. The kids get all dressed up and each play a role- This year Kinleigh was Mary and Daniel was King Herod. Levi must have been one of the rowdy inn occupants. My sister-in-law and I were the tough audience. Baby Jack was baby Jesus this year. So nice to have a real baby Jesus :).
Following that my Dad told his Pack for Santa's Back story. I don't think there is any question on whether the kids enjoy this tradition?!?
Grandpa made the grandchildren their VERY OWN Noah's Ark this year. He did such an amazing job and BOTH Kinleigh and Levi love to play with the animals.
The next tradition is opening pajama pants on Christmas Eve. This is not one we did growing up but one that Daniel and I have started since we've been married. It actually started with me getting Daniel pajama pants but then I started feeling left out.... And of course the kids need something cute to wear in pictures on Christmas morning.
Each year Mom makes Jesus Birthday cake. This has been a tradition in her family for many generations.

We spent Christmas Eve over at Aunt Holly and Uncle Tom's house. The final tradition of Christmas Eve- setting out cookies and milk for Santa and this year we just laid the stocking out for Santa to see.

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

King Herod looked pretty mean to me. What a good representation.

Hall Family said...

Your dad is so talented--the Arks are really cute! The food spread looked yummy! And I love the traditions you guys have--very fun! This year was our trial run on traditions...I think next year will run a bit more smoother. I'm curious about your dad's story--Santa's pack??