After preschool one day last week... most of the Mom's got together and let the kiddos do some Strawberry pickin. Levi, of course, was an angel just sitting in the stroller while Kinleigh helped pick the strawberries. She did such a great job at finding some perfectly shaped strawberries and even knows how to pick them off the plant perfectly. We then treated ourselves to some homemade ice cream and let the kids play.
Saturday we repeated this scenario as a family so just envision these same pictures (if I had brought my camera) but with out all the other kids and Daniel instead.
Then another day one Mom got the four girls in the preschool class (plus Collin) together for a play date at her house (I went along). Kinleigh has been begging to go to Laura's house for weeks and I can't explain how excited she was.
Friday Kinleigh and her friend Christina (one of the other lonely four girls in a class full of boys) apparently scheduled a play date after preschool with out informing the parents. About thirty minutes after we got home Christina's Mom calls me to see if Kinleigh could come over to play for the afternoon... apparently Christina was not even talking to her Mom because she was so upset that Kinleigh wasn't coming over. Next time it might be good if they informed the parents. Kinleigh went over on her first play date with a child of a family we don't hang out with as a family. I wasn't as worried since I had seem the Mom twice with the above mentioned dates (and of course all year taking and picking up Kinleigh) but I am sure this is the first of many. I stayed for an hour after picking her up and was able to really meet and get to know the Mom. Any advice on how to get over the fear of sending your kid away to a "strangers" house.



1 comments:
I have no idea...but please please please, tell me when you find out!!! Mostly, we've been really lucky that for playdates with strangers, I've been able to stay (with invite). Or I've gotten to know the moms before I've had the chance to leave them without mommy. Mostly, I go off what my gut says...and do a lot of praying!!!! I just recently left Kason with our neighbor, whom I've only known about a month....but I stressed out the whole time, even though I did think that he'd be okay. Anyway...again if you find out...let me know ;)
Post a Comment