Thankfully Kinleigh had fallen asleep before we even left the ground in Phoenix and didn't wake up until we landed in Houston... so she was able to stay up late and play with her cousins the first night in town.
DAY ONE
We got up nice and early (the story of my vacation since Levi was up EARLY every morning) to head down to Beaumont to CANOE. We had FIVE out of the SEVEN children and there families canoeing. I first started out in a canoe with my niece Andrea and Kinleigh but after spinning us around too many times we swapped it up and my brother Mark re-taught me how to steer. In my defense I haven't had to paddle a canoe since I was at girls camp as a YOUTH! It was BEAUTIFUL and the kids had a blast getting out on every sand bar and swimming. We even found some bones... no worries they were just from a dog or so we Think.... Mark insisted we went up every little creek to check for alligators but no such luck. Thanks to Mom who kept Levi for me and the boy SLEPT THE ENTIRE TIME! I think he was a little sleep deprived on vacation. He had too much FUN to care. We spent the rest of the day in the pool and Mom and Dad grilled out for everyone. It is times like these that I really wish all seven siblings could live close to each other!
DAY TWO
We went to church, make note of the picture of Levi in his suit and in the walker. He climbed into the walker all by himself and that is him giving me "the Smile". The Daniel family came over (I stayed at Mark's house while in Texas) for fajitas, games, and some fireworks in the neighborhood. The kids were TOO CUTE when they saw fireworks through the window. They all ran outside screaming for joy. It was Daniel and Sabrina's anniversary Monday so we kept the kids Sunday evening and let the cousins have a sleepover.
DAY THREE
I got to get up and go running all week thanks to Rosie who kept my kids for me. Holly and I went out to look at some houses for fun and once we got back the kids went outside to play on the big blow up slide/pool! We played games in the evening and just visited. Kinleigh spent the next two nights at Ellie's house. They stayed up late talking and woke up early talking. Such girls! Dad was in town for work so he came by for dinner!
DAY FOUR
We just ran a few errands, let the cousins play, and then in the evening Holly and I went to see Eclipse!
DAY FIVE
We went shopping at the outlets that are IN the neighborhood. Wish those were there while I was growing up. In the evening we went over to Daniel and Sabrina's and had DELICIOUS home made Chimichangas.
DAY SIX
We spent the day RELAXING and letting the kids play. In the evening my two brothers kept ALL THE KIDS (9) and then Daniel had all the cousins SPEND THE NIGHT for a SLEEPOVER. Us girls went out to dinner and then saw WICKED! It was one of my favorite Broadway Plays Ever. It was SO WONDERFUL to spend time with my sisters and my Mom. Kinleigh isn't he only one missing everyone! I think she was SPOILED rotten by all the COUSIN PLAY.
DAY SEVEN
Thanks for a very uneventful flight home. The kids were REALLY EXCITED to see Daddy. Here is what Kinleigh said, "I want to go home and see Daddy and then I want to go back and have another vacation in TEXAS!"
*Check out the size of Jack who is 8 months and Levi who is 23 months. Jack is the BEST baby and so dang adorable.
*My kids could not get enough of Baby Naomi, especially Levi!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



2 comments:
whew! what a trip! we miss you already. Sorry if you wanted the bones pic you could copy it off my blog...i forgot to send you that one:) You're amazing for doing all that traveling as a single mama! Go Di!
It was so fun having you here! Ellie keeps calling Baby Brannon "Levi" now! Come back!
Post a Comment