Friday, July 16, 2010

STOP TWO-ARIZONA

My Wonderful nephew Josh was landing in Phoenix at the same time as I was and he helped me get all my luggage... two suitcases, two car seats, two kids, and a stroller. We then headed on our three hour drive to my sisters house. Long story short... Jen got pulled over for speeding on the way home and the cop let her off because I was in town and he knew we were just too busy gossiping!

DAY ONE
Jen and I got up nice and early to go for a run. Thanks again to Josh who pretty much kept my kids every morning! He ROCKS! At lunch time once again Kristen and Josh kept my kids while I went to see Jen get sworn in as Secretary to the Rotary Club! What is with all my sisters being so prominent in their towns. I better step it up a notch... second thought, NAH. Nanners got a bunny for her birthday and LEVI LOVED THE BUNNY! He would sit and squeal at the bunny and if you wanted to pick it up he would yell at you, "Put Bunny Down." We went to grab some groceries and this grocery store has a place where you can check your kids into play while you shop, FOR FREE. How genius is that?!? After dinner I went with Kristen, Josh and my brother-in-law Jason to see "Knight and Day."


DAY TWO
We got up early and headed to Tucson to spend the next two days at a resort. Levi took a four hour nap while we played in the pool that was in the backyard of our room! Jen had taken the kids up to the bigger pool while Levi was finishing up his nap. On the way back down Kinleigh started complaining about her hand hurting. Jen said her hands were covered with all these tiny splinters from a cactus. She took her to the First Aid at the resort and when they were writing up the report Jen said that "Kinleigh touched a Cactus" and Kinleigh quickly defended herself by saying "it JUMPED at her." Sure enough the guy said it was from Jumping Cactus and because she was wet it just jumped at her when she was walking by. Jen said she was VERY BRAVE and didn't cry at all while the guy took tape and tweezers to get all the cactus out of her hand. Once Levi finally woke up we headed up to the big pool where they had this awesome kid section. Levi and Kinleigh had SO MUCH FUN and it was great to sit and relax while the kids played. I put Levi down for a bed and Kaitlyn kept Nanners and Kinleigh while us older folks went out to dinner. Jen has some AWESOME kids and NOT JUST BECAUSE they kept my kids for me!





DAY THREE
I stayed at the room and relaxed, layed by the pool, read a book while Levi napped and Jen, Jason and the kids went to Toy Story 3 and lunch. When they got back we headed back up to the pool and lounged. Kinleigh was maybe an inch short to be able to ride the slide but once the lifeguard disappeared Josh took her on the slide. Of course the lifeguard returned in the midst of all this but he let me continue to take her down a couple more times. It was just so much fun to sit and relax and visit with my sister and her family! Of course Kinleigh LOVED playing with her cousins. For dinner we all went out and ate... I keep saying I am not going to take Levi out to dinner anymore. Thanks to Josh, yet again, he took him out to play once he was done eating. (I need to figure out a way to convince Josh he wants to come live with his Aunt Dianna). Jen and I went for a run on the golf course around the resort.



DAY FOUR
We stopped at Krispie Kreme on our way out of town (note the picture of Levi with is all over his face, he thoroughly enjoyed the donuts). Once again Josh helped me take all my stuff to the counter and then walked me to security. Such a gentleman!
The event of this airport visit: About 5 minutes before we were SUPPOSE to board Kinleigh falls and cuts her lip pretty bad. I had to try to contain Levi all while holding a wet wipe on Kinleigh's mouth and asking for some ice. I will say that the lady was very helpful and I even had two other ladies come up to me and ask me if I needed help. Seems hard to find these days but there are some NICE PEOPLE still out there. We then had to wait two hours because of bad weather in Houston. Once we finally arrived in Houston we had to wait yet another hour on the runway because they were understaffed. Why can't flying be simple??? Kinleigh and Ellie were too cute though... when they saw each other in the airport they ran and gave each other a BIG HUG and WOULD NOT LET GO. People were walking by commenting on them and one guy kept yelling, "Take a picture, take a picture...."

1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Being with cousins is always fun - whether it is in Baltimore, Utah, Ariz. or Texas, right!