Sunday, August 15, 2010

BIRTHDAY GIRL

BREAKFAST:  Kinleigh requested muffins and a smoothie.
MORNING: Thanks to Ms. Nicole for keeping Levi... Kinleigh and I went out to the spa to have our toe nails done.  I thought for her first time that we would just get our toe nails polished and she thought it was an AWESOME surprise.  Then, to make the day even better Daddy met us for lunch at TGI Fridays and we had lunch just the three of us.  We NEVER get to do things with just Kinleigh, Mommy and Daddy so she thought that was such a GREAT TREAT!
AFTERNOON: I kept Collin and Hayden for a couple hours so the kids watched movies while I made her cupcakes.  Once I was done with the frosting Kinleigh and Levi thoroughly enjoyed the beaters (Collin and Hayden had already left... I wasn't showing favoritism). 
DINNER: Of course she had swim lessons first and then after swim lessons Kinleigh chose Homemade Macaroni and Cheese.  The Sweeney's came over to celebrate our little family party.
EVENING:  We let Kinleigh open the presents from us, Sweeney's, and my parents and then had some mighty delicious cupcakes if I might say so myself. 
I tried making the day extra special for Kinleigh since I know most of my time is spent with Levi and she is so Wonderful about helping me and some what understanding that he needs more attention :).
LATE EVENING:  This is when the party really got started... I bought JUST DANCE for the wii and so we put the kids down for bed and began the show.  If only you could have seen our mad skills.  Another post....
p.s. I know when Kinleigh was first born she looked JUST LIKE DANIEL.  However, as she gets older I think she is looking less and less like Daniel and a little more like me.  Then I saw this picture of her and I and WOW SHE LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE ME.  What do ya'll think?

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

It sounds like great birthday fun! I do hope she knows that all the clothes and things we sent back with you after the reunion were gifts from Grandma and Grandpa Erwin also. All the trucks I got for Levi are still here at our lot since they wouldn't fit in your suitcases but they are waiting for his next visit!

Hall Family said...

haha I was just thinking she looked like you in that photo :) Happy Belated Birthday Kinleigh!!! :) SOunds like it was a super fun day!! :)(Love her bow!)