Wednesday, September 08, 2010

BIG NEWS

NO I AM NOT PREGNANT.  I think 90% of people I called to tell my news to thought I was pregnant.  If you haven't heard the gossip going around yet... or I haven't had a chance to call you... I apologize you are finding out from my blog.  It does not mean I don't love you!!!! 
WE ARE MOVING back to my OLD STOMPING GROUNDS!
As much as this is a SHOCK to every one we told... this was a several month process for us.  Here is the lengthy story... bare with me. 
Back in January Daniel received a phone call from a friend (one he has done some consulting for) who informed him of a corporate job opening for his position in Houston, TX.  He knew his wives family was from there and thought he may be interested.  Daniel looked up the company and saw that their corporate office was out of Oklahoma City and brushed it off as nothing.  He eventually told me about it about a month later.  I of course told him to apply and see if they would let him work out of Houston.  Daniel so sweetly informed me that a corporate position has to be at the corporate office and we were not going to Oklahoma City.  Yet another month passes and Daniel heads down to the work conference in Florida.  He happens to meet the Executive Vice President of the above company and asked him if they were looking for a corporate safety director.  The guy replied with yes and are you interested.  Once again my husband kindly tells him no, he likes his current job, but thanks for the interest.  The guy then proceeds to give Daniel his card and says send me your resume if you change your mind.  Yet ANOTHER month passes and we head to the "friends" wedding.  As we are talking with the friend he mentions that they are still looking for someone at that company in Houston, TX.  I of course perk up and we clarify that the job is indeed in Houston.  Once again Daniel does nothing because he REALLY likes his current job.  Yet ANOTHER couple weeks to a Month passes and I just kept getting the feeling Daniel was suppose to apply for this job.  One morning as we are both getting ready I finally express my feelings.  I told him I really thought that he should just at least apply for the position.  If he didn't feel right about it then fine we had nothing to lose.  I just kept feeling he should apply for the job.  Daniel once again kindly informed he likes his job now.  That evening Daniel comes home and says to me, you won't believe who called me on the way home.  His friend called again to inform him that he REALLY thought Daniel should apply for that job....
Daniel applied and long story short they flew him out for an interview along with some other candidates and he got the offer.  We BOTH know that this is the right move for us.  As excited as I am to move by my family and old friends... we are REALLY going to miss our "adopted" family here.  We have been here our entire marriage and have made some AMAZING friends.  It is going to be very hard to leave! 

4 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

I am sure your family is excited to have you closer and Dan's new company looks like it has great opportunities (even though I know he likes his NC job too).

Unknown said...

Yea! I know Holly will be thrilled. What part of Houston are y'all looking to move to?

Shannon @ Lifelong Impressions said...

Congrats Dianna! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Lisa and company said...

And I hadn't even gotten around to posting our "Big news" and no I am not pregnant either. We are moving back to our old stomping grounds. Travis got a great job in Washington and as soon as the house sells we are heading west as well. We were kind of in the same boat. Travis loves his job here and we are perfectly happy but sometimes the Lord has other plans!
Good luck with the move! I know your family must be super excited.