Once again Kinleigh had a great day at school! I walked her to class in the morning and then went to the classroom in the afternoon to pick her up. I noticed that I was the only parent so I told the teacher I would give carpool a try the next day....
I am heading out yesterday morning to take her to school when Kinleigh says to me, "Mom, so we are going to go swimming after school today right?' I reply with, "No Kinleigh we are not going swimming today." This continues for a minute until she starts getting really frustrated with me and says, "MOM, YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING ME." I tell her, "You are right I AM NOT UNDERSTANDING YOU." It then dawns on me that she is thinking carPOOL. Love that GIRL!
So I wait FOREVER in carpool line and when I finally got to the front of the school Kinleigh did not come out. They asked me to pull ahead maybe five car lengths and then I stopped and informed them I did not have my child yet. About a minute later a lady walks over with a sobbing Kinleigh. I guess she was heading to my car when they made me pull up and she thought I was LEAVING her. Here is where my heart broke and I got tears in my eyes.
This morning over breakfast I reassured her that I would NEVER leave her at school and that we will give carPOOL another try today. She then starts crying because she wants to RIDE THE BUS. I tried to inform her that Mommy was not ready for that but she REALLY wants to ride the bus. So, after walking her to class this morning I stopped into the office and picked up a bus form (and a stop change request- hey can't hurt to try and ask them to stop right in front of our house:)). Maybe we'll give it a try next week.... I can't even imagine not walking her into school let along letting her TAKE A BUS!



3 comments:
Carpool lines can be so long but I am sure it will all be smooth soon - whether it is bus or car pool.
You sound just like me! When Ian started kindergarten last year, I was so worried because the Kindergarten classrooms could not possibly be any farther from the carpool drop off. I didn't know how he would find his way through all the turns to get there. Cory always takes the kids to school and the FIRST day, he dropped Ian off in carpool and he walked all the way there by himself without any trouble. Of course, I, at home, was a nervous wreck the entire day worrying about whether he'd made it to class. But he did fine. I'm sure Kinleigh will be great too. :)
I had to let Alec go on a bus just a couple weeks after he turned 3. Aacck!
He looked so tiny - his backpack was almost bigger than he was and he could hardly climb onto that big first step. He loved it though.
So hard to see them grow up and get more independent!
Post a Comment