Thursday, December 02, 2010

Quick Update

We are still with out Internet or TV...  thank goodness for my iPhone! 
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving celebrating it with my brother Mark's family, Daniel's family, Holly's family and the Takahashi parents or as Levi called them "Grandpa".  We had quite the feast and despite desserts making me sick... I still ate some delicious pies.  We then played some pickle ball on my brother's new sport court... which is awesome and we're so glad they put it in :)! 
I'm getting tired of driving Kinleigh 20 minutes each way to school but, it is worth it to not make her change schools yet again.  She was having troubles last week with crying and begging me not to make her go to school because she hates writing.  Writing- meaning the teacher tells her a story and then tells them to sound out a sentence and draw a picture.  We finally met with the teacher Tuesday and find out that she is doing GREAT at everything and that she is doing just fine at writing!  I realized two things... one is that I'm probably too hard on her to get things perfect and number two is that she is going to be a perfectionist like me.  I'd say that's the only trait she got from me but if you ask Daniel she acts JUST LIKE ME.  Other then that she spends all her free time playing with cousins and COLORING.  She has decided she wants and Itouch for Christmas.  She still wants a few art supplies but she really wants the Itouch with LOTS of games on it already. 
Kinleigh and Levi are your typical brother and sister... fight one second and laughing and having a blast the next.  Each night they get super hyper and drive Daniel and I crazy but we LOVE it. 
Levi has moved to a big boy bed.  Thanksgiving day he discovered that he can climb out of his crib (finally) and so we borrowed a toddler bed from my brother and he is doing AWESOME.  I'll hear him get up in the morning or from nap but that little boy stays in that bed until I come and get him.  He did decide to run and bring some shoes in bed with him the other day but other then that he stays in bed.  Some cute things he says... he calls all Christmas decorations, trees, etc. "Christmas" and gets Really excited.  He calls the Nut Crackers "Christmas Crackers".  He also calls all grandparents "Grandpa".  Of course he is still talking NON-STOP.  The other day we were driving home from school and he was covering his ears going "Lah, lah, lah" strictly to annoy his sister who is crying and screaming at him to stop.  He picks on her ALL THE TIME (typical brother!).  He has also decided that he is going to start throwing tantrums when he doesn't get his way and it never fails that when my Mom calls he is throwing a tantrum.  It's so funny that the same boy who can drive me mad one second can make me the happiest person the next. 
As far as Daniel and I go... I finally found an OB so I will have an appointment next week.  Daniel is working hard and still training for the marathon.  I've decided to just do the half seeing how I will be 19 weeks pregnant at the time of the marathon. 
I think my novel is long enough.  One day when I have a house and Internet I'll post some pictures.
HOUSE UPDATE:  We are scheduled to close on the 13th!  Fingers crossed all goes well so we can get out of the rental :)! 

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

I am so glad it appears like your home purchase is going through - we have been wondering how it was going. Let us know how it all goes - it sounds like a great place!

Hall Family said...

Can't wait for you guys to finally get "grounded" :) Hope it all goes well! And I know what you mean about being hard on #1...working on that...