Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Groll Visit

As I mentioned in my previous post we had the Groll's visit us for a week!  Daniel also had the whole week off so of course I put him to work... only one day though.  Jeannine and I took the kids down to my parent's house for a couple nights and Chris, Daniel, and my brother Daniel spent all day Monday knocking out a door in our guest room, moving some wires and laying down plywood and we now have this MASSIVE walk-in storage above our three car garage.  Words can not express how EXCITED I am about this.  Chris has taught himself over the years how to pretty much build his own house and lets just say that the door and attic look like it was built with the house.
The rest of the week was spent lounging around, eating, shopping, running, and playing.  We managed to escape one night with Mom, Jeannine and Chris, and Mark and Rosie to have a delicious dinner at the Melting Pot!
New Years Eve we were in bed around 9:30 to get sleep for our marathon/half marathon New Years Day.  Not much sleep was had thanks to all the fireworks but that didn't seem to affect us during the run.
Marathon Runners: My Dad, Mark and Daniel (brothers), Rosie (sister-in-law), Daniel and Christian (friend).
Half Marathon: My sister Jeannine and I
My brother Daniel won the marathon, brother Mark qualified for Boston, Rosie ran her first marathon, Dad ran his first marathon, and Daniel dropped his PR by like 50 minutes.  Jeannine and I took it easy and I will have to say it was one of my all time favorite runs.  Despite having to stop and pee three times during the race... I could not tell that I was even pregnant.
We all went out for dinner afterward to celebrate and then sadly the Groll's had to start their LONG DRIVE home!
I sure missed having my sister around and the kids didn't even know what to do with out all the attention.  Not to mention I actually had to start watching my own children again.  Whitney and Tori are just amazing with children.  They are pretty  much just amazing in general. 









1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

We too are proud of all you marathon runners - way to go!