Monday, January 03, 2011

KENTUCKY STOP

Daniel moved a lot when he was growing up but the majority of his years were spent in Kentucky.  He always told me he came from a small town but I never realized HOW SMALL.  I really did marry a backwoods Kentucky boy!  On our move from NC to TX we took a detour route so that we can see his old stomping grounds.  I LOVED seeing where he grew up and he was so dang cute showing us all his memories... a little boy again. 

Population in July 2009- 1,607... wonder what the population was back when he lived there?!?  This was the town that Daniel went to Middle and part of High School... step up from the first town.

His House in Edmonton. 

The Football Field.  Big difference to the Texas Stadiums!

High School which is now the Middle School I believe.  They built a new High School since Daniel moved.

The Basketball Arena

Kinleigh loving it in Kentucky!

Thanks Kinleigh for the picture.  We stopped in the downtown to let the kids run.

Two of the cutest kids EVER!

 Sulphur Well may be small but they still have some awesome paddle trails.

Sulphur Well... where Daniel first lived. 

Daniel drinking the Sulphur Water

Kinleigh being a brave girl.

Levi is too little to know better!

Some may say I'm a wimp others may say with age comes wisdom!

Use to be quite the destination spot so I hear.  This old Inn really intrigued me...  So much history I'm sure.

AHHH Leaves!

The River Daniel, his Dad, and his Grandpa were all baptized in... and he really wants to carry on the tradition with Levi!

The Church Building.  They built a new building across the street at the same time they moved away from Kentucky.  His grandparents donated the land for the church building.

First time he's seen his grandparents grave.  They passed away in NC and were flown back to be buried in KY.

The inside of the church building.  Daniel had some fun stories of him being an "angelic" child.

The Dome home they had built!  


Although this may not have been the most expensive or glamorous trip it sure was one of my favorite. 
We then stopped in Tennessee to see my brother David and his family.  We were only able to stay the evening and night but we had a great time eating and playing games. 

2 comments:

Kory said...

if you have a girl you can name it Hallie after Daniel's grandmother! :)

what a fun trip!

Mom Erwin said...

All the pictures bring back some neat memories.