This year Valentines Day was a little anti-climatic. Not because of anything big other then I told my husband that we should take it easy this year. Friday night we had one of my best friends from High School, Suzette, and her husband Collin over for dinner. Saturday evening my sister-in-law and brother were hosting their annual "Newlywed Valentines Party" and since we live here now we finally were able to attend. My Mom drove up to babysit all the kids. Oh how we LOVE GRANDMA! Sunday we all went back over to Mark and Rosie's and Rosie cooked me a delicious birthday dinner and Mom provided a birthday cake from COLDSTONE. YUM YUM!
I figured we had done enough celebrating for a weekend.... I also told Daniel NO PRESENTS. We have so many things I want for the house that I didn't want to use the money on some jewelry or other stereo typical valentines present (which I usually don't mind of course). I bought him this tiny bag of chocolates and he orders me the most divine box of chocolate covered strawberries. I wasn't quite as excited when I saw the price but we won't go there.
Monday morning Daniel went into work late and we made heart shaped waffles for breakfast. Kinleigh had received her dozen roses on Saturday and Levi found his new drum set present in the garage on Sunday! They still were excited for their tiny box of chocolates.
Daniel stopped and picked up Chili's on the way home and once the kids went to bed we watched "Teen Witch"! Haven't seen that movie in years... and of course it was old and cheesy but I still LOVED IT!
Even though we didn't have a big romantic night away I had a great Valentines Day!
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



2 comments:
That is a lot of roses for a little gal.
While I am thinking of it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DIANNA! I always think of you and Ruth and your almost "twin" birthdays. When I see you in less than 2 weeks, I will bring a little remembrance. Until then, please accept a hug by e-mail!
Post a Comment