Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Fear of a Coyote or SEVERAL

Daniel flew back home Thursday, I had the car packed and ready to head out camping.  We met my two brothers and their families at the campsite Thursday afternoon.
Daniel attempted camping with Kinleigh one other time when she was younger and I just have wanted to attempt it since.  When the kids found out we were going camping they were ecstatic!
Rosie and Mark were in charge of dinners each night and the first night we had RIBS and the second night this awesome chicken casserole dish.  We will definitely let them cook dinners each time!
Our tent was set facing a trail through the woods down to the water.  It was the perfect spot!
Our little family all slept in one tent and the kids did VERY WELL.  I of course didn't sleep the greatest but did better then I thought I would being 30 weeks pregnant.  The last night, however, the Coyotes were so loud and I had myself convinced they were going to come and eat me... allowing me to sleep even less.  Hey, the mind does crazy things in the middle of the night.  Seriously though they were super close!  They didn't even phase the kids.  No naps for Levi and staying up super late playing with cousins will do that to you. 
We had a great time playing games, riding bikes, taking our little family out on the canoe, taking walks, swinging in the hammock, making smores, playing in the sand, eating, and did I mention eating?!?
The guys got up Saturday morning at 5:00am and drove an hour and fifteen minutes to run a half marathon.  My brother Mark placed fourth overall and first in his age group and Daniel got his PR!  They came back Saturday afternoon and we played for a bit longer, ate, and then packed up and headed back home.  It was a GREAT weekend and the kids had a BLAST!
 

The kids were so impressive on the walk.  Of course they had to find SEVERAL walking sticks.

Why?  I don't know!
A picture of "the guys" that ran the race L-R (Mark, Jeremy Kartchner, Cory Cryer, Brian Crandall, Daniel)

The last day some friends took the kids out on a little boat ride.  Can't really see them but Levi and Kinleigh are on that boat.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can relate to the camping while pregnant - I went to girls' camp the very week I was due!

btw, my parents would've loved for you to be back East while they're there. I can't wait to visit though! The DC temple is one of my favorites! And, yes, DC is an amazing place to visit!

Lisa and company said...

hey I went to highschool with that kid (Jeremy Kartchner) too funny. He and his brother Matt were my really good friends. Funny story when he was on his mission I joined the church. I wrote to him and told I had been baptized and he wrote back and said he was so happy for me but of all the people in our highschool I would have been his last choice for church membership LOL!
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I can't wait to go camping this summer.

Mom Erwin said...

Camping is so much fun - even if there are sounds of wildlife nearby.