Friday March 11th Daniel and my brother-in-law Tom were heading up to A&M for the indoor National Track Championships. My sister, Holly, was bringing her two kids over to play for the evening! We were going to eat pizza, brownies, and watch a chick flick. She calls me in the morning to inform me that she is picking her son up from daycare because he had a temperature. I get off the phone super bummed only to get a call about an hour later from the nurse at Kinleigh's school saying she had a fever. Keep in mind I posted on the 9th bragging how Kinleigh was the only one in the family who had escaped all the diseases!
When Kinleigh woke up that morning she said her throat hurt a little bit but by the time she left for school she was fine. When I went to pick her up she was crying and saying her throat hurt REALLY BAD. We got home, I put on some movies for her, and not but two hours later she started throwing up! Thankfully Kinleigh has always been amazing at throwing up in bucket and she just sat on the couch the entire rest of the day watching movies and I would run up to assist her every time she threw up. That night she said a prayer asking Heavenly Father that she would not throw up anymore!
Saturday morning she woke up and wanted to eat. Daniel and I tried to convince her to take it easy in case she started throwing up again. Her response, "I will not throw up again. I prayed to Heavenly Father and asked him that I won't throw up anymore so I know I'm not going to throw up again." The Faith that these little ones have just AMAZES me. She was right though and she never threw up again. She did however break out into a crazy rash all over her body. It started Saturday morning with her whole hand swollen and itching and we just chalked it up to bug bites. By Saturday afternoon it was spreading like crazy. When she woke up Sunday it was even worse and her cheeks were turning red. I called my brother Sunday evening and the diagnosis was 5th Disease!
Seeing how I am pregnant... I had to go in for some blood work and thankfully the results came back that I have already had or been exposed to 5th disease so no need to be alarmed!
These are just pictures of the crazy big rashes and then the rest of her body was covered in a fine pinpoint rash.
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



3 comments:
Makaya caught that last year! I had never even heard of anything like it! I was going to say her symptoms even sound like strep--Makaya showed all those symptoms and had strep once too. So glad you had already been exposed as not to complicate the pregnancy. I hope Kinleigh feels better soon and I agree, to witness a little one's faith is always a learning moment for me. :)
I had 5ths disease as a teenager. The rash was pretty horrendous to a vain 15 year old. :) Glad you're all doing well, though. Good luck these last few weeks!
We hope Kinleigh is all better now. I bet she is since I didn't check the blog for the weeek I was visiting in Baltimore.
Post a Comment