Saturday, April 09, 2011

Kids of ALL AGES









As we were driving home from camping the other weekend we passed a DRIVE-IN MOVIE THEATER!!  Not only is there a nice new DRIVE-IN but it is literally 10 minutes from our house.  We decided to take the kids out last weekend to give it a test run.  The first movie was HOP and it didn't start until around 8:15.  We arrived about an hour early and let the kids play on the playground they have outside.  They have a building with snacks and restrooms and then two movie screens showing two different movies. 
We brought our beach chairs and blankets and set up a party in the back of the truck!  Kinleigh was in ahhh and the only time she even moved or talked during the movie was to ask for more candy.  Levi wasn't quite as impressed but he was contained in the back of the truck and had a blast.  He was more excited about eating Candy all night.  For the second feature we moved the truck forward facing and put Levi in his car seat and laid Kinleigh on the backseat and they were both out for the night.  The second feature was Limitless which Daniel and I had just seen the weekend before but it was worth watching again to have a fun date at the DRIVE-IN.  I will admit I fell asleep for part of the movie but hey I'm pregnant!  That can be my excuse for now at least.  We got home about 12:15 and YES we will be doing it AGAIN!

2 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

Drive-ins used to be so pleasant and the perfect medium for those who have young children - I am glad you have found one close-by!

Sabs said...

fun fun! i love the pic of levi in the next post too!! haha what a boy:)