Monday, May 09, 2011

"The Most Best Day Ever"

Two weekends ago we decided that we were going to surprise the kids and take them to the Houston Zoo.  We make the drive to the other side of Houston to spend the next 45 minutes trying to find a parking spot!  Yes I kid you not it was at least 45 minutes and we NEVER found one.  I had packed us a picnic to eat outside of the zoo... but, seeing how the zoo was just not in the cards for the day we decided to head to Memorial Park for a picnic.  We tried finding a place in Memorial Park with a playground for the kids and again NO LUCK.  We ended up finding some picnic tables, eating our picnic, and jumping on picnic tables.  It was still a good family day but I have to admit I was really disappointed we didn't get to see the Zoo.
This Saturday Daniel had some yard work that needed to be done and I had to get ready for a baby shower.  We decided to set up a little pool in the back yard for the kiddos.  After an hour of blowing it up and filling the pool with water... the kids jumped right in!  The response I got from Kinleigh was, "this is the Most Best Day Ever!"  Daniel did the yard work and I got ready for a baby shower all while the kids had a blast in the small pool in our backyard.
What did we learn... we don't have to do anything big to entertain our children! 



We did take them to the neighborhood pool once the baby shower was over and let them swim in a BIG POOL.  This particular pool has two slides that KINLEIGH LOVED going down!   Then it has a shallow area with a cover over it that LEVI LOVED.  This is just one of the many reasons we love MASTER PLANNED COMMUNITIES.

0 comments: