Monday, May 09, 2011

One of MY Most Favorite Days

I LOVE being a Mother.  There is no question that it comes with STRESS, AGGRAVATION, AND LOTS OF HARD WORK, but NOTHING out weights the TRUE JOY!!!
I decided I wanted to go to school to become a Dental Hygienist when I was in Junior High.  However, that was just what I wanted to go to school for... what I REALLY WANTED was to be a STAY AT HOME MOM. 
My Mom was a STAY AT HOME MOM and evening though she took some jobs here and there they were always things that allowed her to be at HOME with us.  She was up EVERY morning making us a HOT BREAKFAST, she PACKED MY LUNCH even through out High School, and we had HOMEMADE cookies when we got home from school and not to mention a HOMEMADE dinner EACH NIGHT.  She did the cleaning, the cooking, ironing, and the list could go on and on and all WITHOUT COMPLAINING.  She TRULY WAS AND IS SUPER MOM.  I wanted to be just like my Mom. 
Do I get up in the morning to make my husband a HOT BREAKFAST before work- NO.
Do I pack him his lunch- NO.
Does he get a home cooked meal EVERY night- NO.
Do I make my kids breakfast and pack Kinleigh's lunch- YES.
Do I do the laundry- YES.
Do I do the cleaning- YES.
Does Daniel help a TON with the kids and dishes- YES.
Do I complain from time to time- YES.
I am no where near my Mother and probably NEVER will be but I strive to be more like her each day. 
YES there are days that I am BORED at home or I am so SICK of cleaning, baths, diapers, laundry, bedtime rituals.  However, I would not trade my opportunity to be at home for anything in this world.  I LOVE being at home with my kids and I am so thankful that I get to have that opportunity. 
My kids bring me MORE HAPPINESS then I could ever imagine and there is NO LOVE stronger then that LOVE I feel for them each night I check on them right before I go to bed.  I don't know what it is about that time but I am always so OVERWHELMED with how much I TRULY LOVE these kids and LOVE being a MOM.
Mother's Day to me is a day that is set aside for us to STOP the every day ritual and REMEMBER our AMAZING Mother's and the TRUE JOY it is being a MOM.  It is to take time to sit back and remember WHY I LOVE being a MOM so much!
This year Daniel invited over the DeCaires's and Lawton's (Daniel and Sabs) for a Mother's Day dinner.  The kids all played, the guys cooked, and us girls chatted.  They made us a DELICIOUS meal, cleaned up after wards and tried to keep the kids away from us the best they could.  It was a Great Feast and Great Company. 
I could do an Entire book on how AMAZING my husband is but this is my Mother's Day post so that will just have to wait....


3 comments:

Kory said...

you look so great and your hair has gotten LONG! i miss you!

Sabs said...

thanks for the fun day and super yummy food!!!

Mom Erwin said...

We are proud of all the Moms in our family as well as all the grandchildren. You are all special.