Kinleigh really wanted to join Swim Team this year (not sure she really knows what it is but she does know that it includes a pool and her cousins). I signed her up for a swim clinic secretly hoping they would tell me she was not quite ready. No such luck!
Why don't I want to do Swim Team? I remember when I was younger and yes was part of the VERY FIRST swim team here in the neighborhood. My brother, Daniel, and I's claim to fame is that we picked the team color and name. The Dolphins and Blue and White! Any way, the swim meets lasted ALL SATURDAY and I'm not sure I am ready to sit out in this heat A. Pregnant and B. With a new born. Thankfully they start earlier now and we are done by the end of June. The other negative part is that until the end of school they have swim practice in the evenings Tuesday-Friday.
We had a rough start.... The first day it was cold and so they canceled practice. The second day they gave the kids a choice of swimming or not since the water was still really cold. Of course Kinleigh and all the other kids in her group chose NOT to swim. The third day she is getting out of the car and steps into a FIRE ANT hill. By the time she comes around to show me her foot is COVERED with fire ants! I ran home and got some Benadryl and when I returned her whole foot was SWOLLEN. I a was hoping the chlorine would help heal her foot a bit faster. She was too traumatized by the whole thing and since we missed the time trial meet last Sunday they wanted to time her swimming the entire length of the pool (which she has only done once LAST SUMMER). To make a long story short her freestyle was SO SLOW and she refused to the backstroke. By Friday I told her she better get into that water and do as they say because SHE IS THE ONE THAT WANTS TO DO SWIM TEAM NOT ME! She did MUCH better Friday and even let them time her at the backstroke. She may still be one of the slowest but the true reason I even mentioned swim team to her was so that she would be VERY COMFORTABLE in the water for the times I attempt to take all three kids to the pool this summer.
Point of Post.... When she woke up Friday morning her foot was RED and HUGE and I counted OVER 50 ANT BITES!!!! I had to send her to school in flip-flops because her foot was too swollen and painful for shoes. I HATE having ONE ANT BITE I could not imagine what it would be like to have OVER 50. She has been complaining a lot about her ooowwwees lately and always trying to show everyone to get attention so I have been coming down kind of hard on her with injuries. HOWEVER, with this one I'm letting her milk it for all it is worth.
2 comments:
The foot looks miserable - poor thing!
Ouch, ouch, ouch!!! Her foot looks horribly itchy and painful! I hope you found something to help ease the uncomfortableness. II remember sitting through a few of your swim practices! Haha I would not want to do that pregnant! When is your due date?
Post a Comment