Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kindergarten Is Over






Thanks to Mom both Daniel and I were able to attend Kinleigh's "end of the year" party.  We arrived about 10 minutes early only to have to stand in a long line to get our pass to go into the school.  Here they not only require you to check in but they scan your drivers license and then give you a sticker with your picture on it just to get into the school.  Once you have this then they will buzz the door and let you enter into the hallway.  I guess it is much better to get safe then sorry!  We missed all the kids giving a rose to the teacher but we made it for the games and treats.
When we told Kinleigh to go give her teacher a hug and tell her thank you and that she is going to miss her we found out something about our daughter we were NOT aware of.  As she is walking to her teacher she has her head down and fingers in her mouth (what she does when she is nervous).  We asked the teacher if this is normal and she responded that Kinleigh is REALLY SHY!  Yes, she was talking about our daughter, Kinleigh, and the word SHY.  We were both floored.  She said every now and then she gets a glimpse of that spark in Kinleigh but for the most part she is really SHY.  I am still in shock over this information.  She wasn't shy at her old school so I'm thinking it was just the moving in during the middle of the year that threw her off.  No wonder she only got in trouble one time this year for talking too much!
Kinleigh passed everything with flying colors and was even above in most areas. I am so proud of my smart big girl.  She brings me so much joy each day.  I LOVE this girl!

1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

1st grade is a special year - I bet Kinleigh will love it. Tell her we are proud of her too.