Tuesday, August 09, 2011

BRAVERY AT IT'S BEST

 


After the Reunion we went and Stayed with my Sister in Safford, Arizona.  On our way in we went through Pima and saw all these signs for some TAYLOR FREEZE.  I asked my sister what was this famous TAYLOR FREEZE so she took us there for dinner the first night.  It is this small little Sandwich/Shake joint and it was quite tasty.  
The next day we headed to the pool.  We pull up to this pool with these BIG slides and the kids are all excited... only to find out that they were closed for the week.  We drove back out to Pima and went swimming.  Kinleigh decided she wanted to give the diving board a try.  She headed straight for the HIGH DIVE and I convinced her to try the LOW BOARD first.  She did that and then got straight out of the water and headed for the HIGH DIVE.  I was MUCH MORE nervous then she was.  She proceeded to do it several times!  We even let Krew put his feet in the water for the first time.  My Wonderful niece, Kristen, kept all the kids that evening so Daniel and I could go to dinner with Jennifer and Jason.  It was so fun to just WALK to the DELICIOUS Mexican Restaurant.
The following day Kristen took us out the the REDNECK swimming pool (aka a dirty pond).  We really enjoyed the REDNECK swimming pool.  It is a pond out in the middle of no where with the view of the Mountain.  We spent our time swimming across the pond, relaxing on floats, jumping off the dock and SWINGING FROM THE ROPE SWING.  Once again Kinleigh had no fear and went right off the rope swing!  My sister had to do an interview and so she kept Krew with her.



1 comments:

Mom Erwin said...

I am glad the children enjoy the water and are not afraid - but I also worry about them doing "daredevil" things where they might get in trouble. Knowing their Dad, that is a real family trait. The swimming lessons were a great thing for Kinleigh and I bet Levi will pick the skills up soon too as he grows.