Seeing how Levi was turning THREE and I insisted that once my children could walk and talk they no longer needed a binky... we decided that on his Birthday we were going to CUT UP the binkies. I'm pretty sure this process was more for me then it was for Levi seeing how I am the one that gives in every time we try to "throw" the binkies in the trash. See the problem with taking the binkies away means he gives up naps and I just was not ready for that. However, I thought three was just too old and so the deed had to be done. I tried to convince him to wait until AFTER his nap but he insisted on doing it first thing in the morning. Of course this meant crying and no nap at nap time and then crying at night time for several days. Tomorrow will be one week and he has taken ONE nap. YES I have tried to lay him down every day and YES I threaten him with his life if he doesn't take a nap and YES it does no good. He now sleeps with the plastic part of the binky... which makes me chuckle every night.
The rest of the day we spent going to ACADEMY and letting him pick out his birthday present- a CARS SCOOTER. We then headed to his (ok, Daniel may have convinced him OUR favorite restaurant was HIS favorite) favorite restaurant Alicia's for some DELIGHTFUL fajitas (same scenario may be in play here). We were going to go get ice cream when on the way out we noticed a FREE ICE CREAM MACHINE! The kids were just as excited! That night we went to the Ward Swim Party! What a way to end the evening with a party (he doesn't have to know it wasn't really for him).
Dear Ellie on your 20th Birthday
4 months ago



1 comments:
I am glad I got to experience your favorite restaurant with the "girls" when I visited you. It is a good place.
Post a Comment