Kinleigh seemed to be improving with her soccer skills and then a couple games ago she was practicing before the game and got smacked in the face with a ball. She started to become scared of the ball and I started to become one of those scary Mom's yelling from the side line. Last week while Daniel's sister Nancy was in town she took Kinleigh out back to practice. Then I started to play with her and we probably played a good 45 minutes. That was all it took... she was a whole new girl this last week. She was stealing the ball from the other girls, dribbling it down the field, AND she scored a GOAL! You think that scoring a goal is not that big of a deal but these girls are pretty darn good! Not to mention that she is the youngest and smallest since I decided to play her up so that she could play with the girls in her grade.
We went out Saturday night with a few families from the team and the coach who was one of the little girl's Aunt. She calls her Boo and so she quickly became Coach Boo. We went to this placed called The Shack. How can you miss it with a BATH TUB at the entrance. This place is literally a shack... with picnic tables and a big tent for those rainy days. Not the fanciest place that is for sure! They had a big sand box for the kids to play in and a Live Band. The kids were a bunch of groupies standing RIGHT IN FRONT of the stage. The food was very UNHEALTHY! The bun on Daniel's burger was made from two grilled cheese sandwiches. Another option on the menu was the bun made form two honey buns! I got this Turkey Burger that was Delicious (topped with bacon, avocado, and pesto... not at all healthy)! We also ordered some deep fried pickles to top it off. Very fun place and yes we will go back. Thank goodness I had run 10 miles that morning! It was fun for Kinleigh to be able to play with the girls off of the field. I won't lie... I am glad soccer season is over! No more practices twice a week and games every Saturday morning.



1 comments:
Kinleigh, I am so happy for you (and relieved for Dianna too). I am sure you played hard and even scored a GOAL - congratulations! It was fun to see you play in 2 games while we were there. Enjoy having some more free time now! We love you.
Post a Comment